1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think you're dreaming. As someone who was willing to hold my nose and vote for nearly anyone but Trump (I voted Biden and the biggest hesitation I had about doing it again, was the real possibility that his presidency would turn into a Harris presidency), this is a remarkably uninspired decision. Pushing him out of the race, was an extraordinary act. the reasons to do it were: 1- he couldn't win; and 2- he exposed that running for reelection was irresponsible as he could not do the job for 4 more years. Obviously, Harris was the easiest choice, but anyone could have fixed 2, including her. I think she remains extremely unlikely to beat Trump, in which case they just bullied their own president out of the race and pissed all over his legacy for nothing. They needed a hail mary to excite America. Granted, that's not easy to find in this in such a short time, but that's your shot. I loved the Sorkin idea (and suggested it before he did), and if the objective was truly anyone but Trump, it would have been their best chance, but I knew there was no way it would happen. For the third straight election, I will vote for someone I could never have imagined voting for.

2. Guy_Incognito

I would bet the Trump campaign and fans are celebrating.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Harris in 2020:

I prosecuted sex predators. Trump is one. I shut down for-profit scam colleges. He ran one. I held big banks accountable. He's owned by them. I'm not just prepared to take on Trump, I'm prepared to beat him.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Pete talking about Vance with Maher.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mixed bag. Lots of mocking though.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Let's be realistic. If it's anyone but Harris, the new nominee would have to start fundraising from jump. Only Harris can access the hundreds of millions the Biden-Harris campaign raised. And if it appears Harris is being pushed aside, millions of Black women will stay home, and hello Gilead.

It's Harris or bust, like it or not.

7. Guy_Incognito

Anyone know why the endorsement wasn't in the original statement (that thanked Harris)? Seems like there's more than meets the eye.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think she gets a lot of votes from younger people. She may not be their ideal or they may really like her, but either way she isn't an eighty year old candidate.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nope. The reaction of the Speaker of the House suggests they’re upset.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And at 3:22 pm Central time comes the first text asking me to donate. The wheels creak back to life.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I feel better now that Joe has gotten fully behind Kamala. Let’s get this done.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Another sign that Trumpists are taken aback.
    x.com

Draft saved Draft deleted