1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The Trump campaign desperately wanted to keep Biden in the race. They are absolutely not celebrating this.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What on earth legacy does Biden have to piss all over? He can't speak coherent sentences and he is 1,000 years old. He could not finish this term, and had to go.

And if you or anyone thinks it should be anyone but Harris, you don't understand the hoops that would need to be jumped to get access to the Biden-Harris money (as @Twirling Time mentioned above).

You may not like Harris, but to think that Biden is owed anything is insane.

maumann and tapintoamerica like this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I think most Democrats wanted today to be about Joe Biden and Joe Biden only. But the news cycle being what it is, the clamoring for endorsements is already underway and incessant.

Garrett Haake on MSNBC said the Trump campaign was singularly focused to run against Biden and didn't have any contingency plans, right up to the end.

Ironically enough .... the GOP needed a Plan B and didn't have one.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

No fucking way. The traitor had a slam dunk with Biden running.

garrow likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The minute that Biden named Harris as his running mate, she was going to succeed him in 2024 unless she didn’t want to run. To think otherwise isn’t living in the real world.

I would prefer a number of other people, but they simply can’t push her to the side.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

KH had an affair with Willie Brown that will be used against her.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Congratulations, idiots. You got what you wanted. Hope it works out for us.

SFIND and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Not true. Their best bet (I heard this here from Mike Murphy) was to use the time to convince her to stand down too - be a selfless hero who took one for the team, run for California governor in 2026 and go forward from there.
    Now, I'm guessing that she refused to, she will get beaten soundly, we will be stuck with 4 years of Trump and her career will be over. Yuck.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Do I have to stamp them out with my feet? I'd prefer to use a rifle.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

They may not be turning cartwheels but they're not shitting their pants, for several reasons.

The continued turmoil only helps them.

Any fence-sitters now may be swayed by the "they're putting up a wildly liberal San Francisco black woman" campaign rhetoric.

If they lose, this only gives them more fuel to yell "Stolen! Fixed! Rigged"

12. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Harris' past with Willie Brown looks like an old-fashioned 1950s courtship compared to Donald Trump's affairs and assault allegations.

Draft saved Draft deleted