1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In no universe would political media ignore the Democrats while they left the top of the ballot undecided for one or more weeks to focus on Trump. Agent Orange went on a giant nutty even by his standards with the acceptance speech and the focus turned right back to Biden’s successor as soon as the last gavel fell in Milwaukee. Hell, Trump got shot at last weekend and people and the press already regards it as something that may as well have happened in the Coolidge administration.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

They probably will have to bring in a few extra bartenders. She's already a job creator!

jr/shotglass and HanSenSE like this.
  3. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Just heard on the radio that the caravans are back.

So, yeah, I think she moved the needle.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Democratic candidate Peter Schiff!!!!

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Where can I freely exchange my Biden/Harris lawn sign I bought earlier this year for a Harris/_ one? :)

gingerbread likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Every home game in Tuscaloosa I see some frat bro wearing a Reagan/Bush 84 shirt despite having been born a generation after “Where’s the beef?”

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Not sure how I’m feel about being considered an idiot because I thought Biden wasn’t the best person to lead the country.

Every black woman in the country is going to vote for Kamala Harris. And there’s a shitload of black women in this country.

They are the bloc that turned Georgia blue. And they will turnout again.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ah, quotation marks, like it doesn't exist. There is extreme financial insecurity in this country. It's wild that I have to explain what is right underneath everyone's noses to the people on here who are in their own world.

People on the bottom end economically are struggling more than they were a few years ago and more and more people are getting left behind.

https://www.lendingtree.com/debt-consolidation/household-expenses-struggles-study/

Key findings
    • More than 1 in 3 American households are financially insecure in 2024. 36.4% of households reported in April that they had a somewhat or very difficult time paying their usual household expenses in the past week. That’s up 6.7% from 34.1% during the same period in 2022.
    • Changes in household financial insecurity decrease with age. Americans ages 18 to 24 saw the biggest increase (25.0%) in difficulty paying expenses between 2022 and 2024, but that lowered with each age range examined. In fact, Americans 65 and older saw a 4.1% decrease in difficulty in this period.
    • 31 states have seen an increase in difficulty paying household expenses. Between 2022 and 2024, three Western states — Washington (41.6%), Wyoming (33.4%) and Montana (30.7%) — saw the most dramatic increases in difficulty.
    • Three different states report the highest financial insecurity in 2024. More than 4 in 10 households in Alabama (43.9%), Mississippi (43.6%) and Nevada (42.2%) reported difficulties in April 2024. Only D.C. reported that less than 1 in 4 households (24.9%) said the same.
    This is why Joe Biden wasn't going to win before people realized he was old. Just in the last couple of years years, the fentanyl crisis has taken off in a lot of the country. ... that is happening hand in hand with increased homelessness, financial insecurity. And so many families are finding themselves affected. Even lower working class people who haven't been sucked under, are finding themselves working multiple jobs and feeling very financially insecure, because of how expensive their necessities have gotten. The people I am talking about maybe represented 2 out of every 10 people a decade or two ago. Now they are 3 or 4 of every 10 people. You are underestimating the amount of discontent there is if you don't understand what I am pointing out. It is what gave rise to Donald Trump in the first place (before prices were even taking off).

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Extreme financial insecurity." Some of us were around in 2008.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That survey again? Need new material, Ragu.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I can see how cooling inflation, job growth and $300 sneakers make everyone anxious.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, my economic anxiety has me clamoring for the golden era of July 2020 when unemployment was 10%, I was dealing with furloughs with a 20% pay cut, and grocery shelves were frequently empty. That was awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted