1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Obama was from Hawaii or are you not counting birth places?

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Nikki Haley’s PAC?

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I'm related to and surrounded by far too many people who won't vote for a Black woman.
    It's impossible to have smart, interesting conversations in this bubble where I live.

And yes, this place is also mostly an echo chamber. But at least it feels safe and sometimes hopeful, unlike real life.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

just when you thought it was good to be in the black...

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

But would those people have voted for Biden? I find it highly unlikely, at least among my acquaintances who hold similar views.

I'm hearing and seeing a lot of positive energy tonight from Democratic friends in ways I haven't seen in a long time. I hope it continues.

I just made my first ever donation to a presidential candidate. Typically I make small donations to state and local candidates.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Hell, she was the first Dem nominee to be VP from west of the (mostly) Central Time Zone, muchless POTUS nominee.

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Officially from Illinois.

dixiehack likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Counting it by the state they declared as home when running for president. At the moment, LBJ (Texas), George McGovern (South Dakota) and William Jennings Bryan (Nebraska) represent the western frontier for the top of the Democratic ticket.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Hi guys! I just got home from the hospital today with our baby boy, been there since Wednesday morning. Did I miss anything?!?

[​IMG]

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Fatfuck were decent and honorable, he would have resigned on the afternoon of 1/6 and turned himself into the DOJ for prosecution on numerous felony charges.

Draft saved Draft deleted