1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No. The time for talking has already ended.

Slacker and HanSenSE like this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This was a slam dunk once it became clear it couldn't be Biden. The polling made it clear that she had a better shot than he did. The "chatter" was all talking head bullshit. They are paid to chatter.

Romney? Why the fuck would the Democrats run Romney? They don't agree with him on any issue. And Manchin? Get the fuck out of here with Manchin. Yeah, they'd have a much better chance with a candidate everyone hates.

The key to the election for Democrats is enthusiasm and actually getting people to vote. This is a huge step in the right direction. There are plenty of people who would sit out voting for the senile old man who will be energized to vote for someone under 80.

Sorry you didn't get the Republican you wanted on the Democratic ticket. The notion that this is "certain to blow up again" is laughable.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I certainly know my weekend plans always included googling the longitude of Mitchell, S.D., and Johnson City, Texas.

maumann, 2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Bro, I've been to the McGovern Museum in Mitchell...and the LBJ Library at UT-A!

dixiehack likes this.
  5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This absolutely needs to happen. Every single thing Trump says and does needs to be publicized and analyzed by Democrats every time they open their mouths. They need to put it out there, like Fox News did to Biden, as if they can't do anything else.

Trump is juvenile, unprofessional and un-Presidential, and people need to see, hear and know that.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Harris dropped out of the race in Dec. 2019, before any actual voting took place anywhere. So Harris was not actually "rejected" by Democratic voters.

Her funding fizzled, not after a single debate as I misremembered, but after several appearances by Tulsi Gabbard on Fox News stretching over several months, in which Gabbard repeatedly pounded on the talking point that Harris' record as a supposedly tough on crime prosecutor made her unpopular with young and especially African-American voters.

Harris never particularly responded to these attacks but they did erode her support and more importantly funding.

Tulsi was a ratfuck plant by the Rupert Murdoch Right Wing Screech Machine media conspiracy, happily picked up by the rest of the right wing dominated corporatist mass media.

Because remember, the whole premise was based on the assumption that N-people would just naturally be opposed to anybody who believed in enforcing the law. Because you know that N-people are criminal thugs.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
  7. Starman

Knowing all this, I am fully confident that Kamala and the Democratic Party at large will turn Tulsi into a grease spot in short order.

"Obviously a puppet and stooge largely created and controlled by the Faux Fascist Noise propaganda fire hydrant. After it became apparent the fascist pig was going to take office, she put on her kneepads and strawberry lipstick and went begging him for a position. She hasn't wiped her lips off yet."

Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
  8. Starman

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Swalwell too. Other than maybe Manchin, no Dem is coming out against Harris.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Manchin is not a Democrat.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Just saw an anti-Kamala ad while watching TNT half an hour ago.

It pitched her as both covering for Biden’s supposed incapacity AND as seeing that power vacuum and masterminding every policy decision the Biden administration has taken in the last 3+ years. So, A+ for creative writing on a deadline, I guess.

maumann likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I couldn’t tell you the last time I heard Tulsi Gabbard brought up beyond the confines of this board. As of a couple of years ago I know she was still making the rounds as a Fox News guest, but she might as well be on one of the Homes Shopping Network knockoffs for all I see of anybody there.

Draft saved Draft deleted