1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And Manchin. Fuck that guy. He’s pissed on the Democrats enough. He’s persona non grata. Big ups to him for serving the people who voted him in, but fuck him.

FileNotFound, TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I liked Harris for 2020 but obviously the candidacy didn’t get off the ground.

I thought Biden could survive the debate. The numbers didn’t fundamentally change. And I thought he did a decent job proving it was just a bad night. But he didn’t hit a home run, which was needed.

The feeding frenzy and party in-fighting weren’t going to stop. I think Biden can still effectively serve as president for several more years. But he can’t campaign any longer. He definitely aged out of that.

Harris was definitely my choice if it came to this. IMO the only choice due to time and the ease of access to the financial war chest.

This election has always been a stark contrast. But at the center of it two very old men. One of which is a felon, sexual assaulter, serial liar and insurrectionist.

That contrast of the candidates sure became more clear today.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Dems have $50M more than they had 10 hours ago. Don't tell me they're not excited.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I am shocked -- shocked, I tell you! -- to learn that some in the Democratic side are trying to replace a woman of color with two white men. It's almost like I called it.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

How much from George Clooney and Colbert?

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Mostly I agreed with and loved, loved, loved the last two paragraphs of dixiehack's post.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Good one.
    Put up Oprah and hanks and I'll vote for them and watch them win. Or booker or Whitmer or Shapiro...

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Was away from the board today. Anything happen?

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

what about john kasich

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

If everyone on one side spent today praising Biden for dropping out and country over 'self, yadda yadda, tomorrow they can clown Manchin for being a massive douche that absolutely can't come terms that in about six months no one will ever nned him again for anything.

All that being said, Harris should just toss that schmuck a bone and say shell make him an Ambassador to whatever country that he's enjoyed the most financial perks from.

Otherwise he can fuck all the way off. His "appeal" to independents is completely unfounded because even the ones in West Virginia don't like him anymore.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You will vote for Kamala Harris, and you will like it, because the alternative is voting for someone who would happily end the American experiment because he wants more power than the experiment gives him.

OscarMadison and Songbird like this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The ratfucking has already begun. Where's Roger Stone? Where's Paul Manafort? At least Lee Atwater died a horrible and painful death, and deservedly so.

Draft saved Draft deleted