1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The problem with Cooper is that when he leaves the state Lt. Gov assumes power of the office, which would give the GOP full control of the state government which means they could do major damage.

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Speak her name and this guy appears
    x.com

garrow likes this.
  3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I and zilllions of other women just sighed.
    Have you ever worked this inside info into the podcast?

4. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Oh for Christ’s sake. None of that means fuck all to today’s environment. “The West Wing” has been off-air for almost 20 years. Can we put our heads in 2024 please?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Cooper is the only reason we haven't sunk lower than when McCrory signed the bathroom bill - never mind the toll roads he tried to have installed on I-77 (there are some who believe the latter was more the tipping point than the bathroom bill).

Worries me, too. It would leave North Carolina with ... Mark Robinson. And they would ram more crap through than all of us eating too much Taco Bell too fast could produce.

franticscribe likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /the only way to know if you *really* missed something

Sincerest wishes of happiness (and the occasional good night's sleep) to your family.

7. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

One logistical note that I think has been overlooked...

If no serious candidate formally launches a presidential campaign, then Harris is the nominee by default. The convention is in a month.

It is going to be extremely difficult for any candidate to ramp up a campaign robust enough to seriously challenge Harris in the next 30 days. They would have to be bankrolled by serious donors, and I guarantee you all of the major party leaders have been working those back channels to direct funds to Harris.

Yeah, Manchin might try something. Maybe another Dean Phillips type. But it won't be a serious candidate.

The next 30 days will be Harris locking up as many donors and campaign surrogates so that the convention is simply a celebration of Biden's career and the formal nomination of Harris as the candidate to save America from Trump 2: Electric Boogaloo.

maumann likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Even on Election Day, if my ballot reads:

Electors for Donald J. Trump - Republican
    Electors for To B. Named Later - Democrat

I know which button I’ll push.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

All Harris has to do is tell Manchin, “You cut and ran from us three months ago and now you want back in? Get the fuck out of here.”

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I'd crawl through a field of broken glass to cast a vote for Krusty the Clown if it meant keeping the Orange Shitgibbon out office.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I understand why Kamala Harris will be the candidate.

But she makes Donald Trump viable, despite him being polarizing and despised by millions of people. He should be easily beatable if we had a process of putting people on the ballot that hadn't gotten so ridiculous.

BTW, here is another snapshot of the reality a bunch of people will now post to tell me a sadly large portion of people in this country aren't really experiencing.

https://www.bankrate.com/personal-finance/2024-election-and-personal-finances-survey/

This is what people actually vote on (whether they are even focusing their discontent on the right things or not). It's why Joe Biden was going to lose to someone who should be easily beatable. ... even before people realized he was really old.

It's also why Kamala Harris carries that same baggage. She is running as the incumbent when there is widespread discontent. That never does well, with the caveat that usually the other party comes up with something other than Donald Trump, so he does his part to make her viable, when she otherwise would have never been.

On top of it, I won't be surprised if whatever she gains from being younger (and ticking racial / gender boxes some peope might get excited about), won't be mostly offset by her rubbing people the wrong way. She's polarizing for a reason. Right now, it's at least close. If she can't stay away from the flippant answers / inappropriate laughter (like the person asking her the question is an idiot), this could spiral.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah. Major news. Ring of Honor added a Texas Death Match to its Death Before Dishonor PPV on July 26.

What, were you thinking of something else?

Draft saved Draft deleted