1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Batman likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

Kudos to the TNA folks for doing what they could last night. Didn't watch Slammiversary, but saw some highlights, and it looked like a fun show with a hot Montreal crowd.

TNA has been getting some extra eyes through this NXT alliance, and I think it's paid off well. Beyond Wes Lee, they haven't gotten any A-list NXT folks up there (unlike sending Hendry and Grace to NXT), but it's been good to see what's come out of it.

If only TNA could get a real TV partner, they might be able to put a little threat into some of AEW's spread as the clear #2.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Keeps Joe Hendry free for a WWE main-roster callup as soon as this week.

4. nietsroob17

Mark Henry's Biography was one of my favorites of the entire series that they've done. Really well done. A great rags to riches story.

Great insight into the iconic promo. How he even swerved his own family in it.

And it actually did address him leaving WWE for AEW, which I'm shocked about honestly.

Glad Mark was able to do it since he only just recently ended his AEW contract. Pretty clear it wasn't the kind of thing they've just had in the can for four years.

Next week: a two-fer on DiBiase and Heyman.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
    JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  5. nietsroob17

Dammit, that's awful. And only a few weeks before the restaurant stood to potentially gain a gigantic windfall from SummerSlam being in town, and it being Johnny's dad's place.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

That sucks, but I'm glad his father wasn't there when the building went up in flames.

nietsroob17 likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

Not the best news for AEW if it was banking on WarnerMedia to pony over the loot to fill a hole in programming -- that is, if the NBA does go with TNT over the Amazon bid.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Already signed, per my media sources. Maybe Warner Bros. figures it can do both.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

OK, Bo Howdy hitting Sister Abigail on Gable was great.

nietsroob17 likes this.
  10. nietsroob17

It seemed like the obvious path would be Otis vs. Gable, especially with how hot the crowds are for Otis, but looks like we're getting Gable vs. Howdy? Gable/Creeds vs. Howdy and two of his minions?

It would be a shame not to have a big Otis/Gable blow-off.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Pete Dunne looks like a Funko Pop.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. nietsroob17

Psychotic Liv is fun, but that was painful seeing her "cry."

And that taste that Rhea gave Dom? Does Buddy know?

Obviously, I think we'll get Rhea and Priest being turned on (not THAT way) at SummerSlam, as Judgement Day finally implodes.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted