1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was listening to podcasts about Biden dropping out on a long drive today. One of them played the speech of Biden deciding not to run in 2016. Crazy how much more vigorous he sounded then (and he didn’t sound that vigorous).

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Probably a good thing Twitter wasn't around when Bush/Cheney/Rice were telling us about all those WMDs Saddam was stockpiling.

But, we'll always have "Mission Accomplished!"

garrow and Baron Scicluna like this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You know there’s not much oppo research when the worst they have is she condemned a hate crime she thought happened.

Mr. Sluggo and garrow like this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Jesse Watters: She didn’t earn this. She inherited it. And Americans aren’t hot on heirs. They like self-made men and women.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's all he's got. By God, you don't expect him to announce how he's going to fix some of these issues he says he's going to fix, do you?

garrow likes this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

And she cackles and wants to ban plastic straws

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

no but it's being brought up not as a gotcha but as a teachable moment that one can only hope she's grown and learned from on her quest to radicalize the country into mandatory abortions and taxes for not being gay

matt_garth, garrow, SFIND and 5 others like this.
  8. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Is Trump capable of laughing? Honestly, has anyone ever heard him laughing?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Don Jr just punched a wall.

gingerbread likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

So did his father

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

We're racking up debt on a daily basis! Yeah, well guess what? This country was literally founded on a debt that can't be repaid.
    Article VI - section 1 of the FUCKING CONSTITUTION reads:
    "All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation."
    The only time this country hasn't had debt it never planned to pay off was two years under Andrew Jackson.
    It's not like somebody is going to send a big guy named Vinnie to break the country's knees if we don't pay the vig and add two points to the loan. I guess China could try, but I like our chances of telling them to fuck themselves, come and get it.

I'm as worried about the national debt as whatever lurks under my bed at night. Both are imaginary numbers. I sleep just fine.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Freedom isn't free.

Draft saved Draft deleted