1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When it got DEI woke ... duh!

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Men's hoops team f'ing around again today.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

LeBron put on a show there at the end. He’s in his Ric Flair Space Mountain phase.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

LeBron can still do it in short spurts. That USA-Germany game was actually a banger.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We are playing terrible team defense and not exploiting our athletic superiority

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

2020, IIRC.

At least in the past, the US flag bearer was chosen by a vote of captains of all of the respective teams. And we're talking about a guy who's going into his fourth Olympics and has won three medals. Works for me.

franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The athletes of the sports that only get any attention at the Olympics probably appreciate one of the world's biggest sports stars devoting four of his very short offseasons to the Games. He's committed, as they are. Four Olympics are more than a lifetime in almost every sport.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't agree with this in any way, shape, or form.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Please please please hire the FIBA refs to ref the NBA.

The two last games have been fantastic. Zero complaining, acting*. Hell, they called a travel on Tatum today, I rewound it four times and couldn't find the travel. I love it!

* I haven't seen Luka yet.

qtlaw and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

* They didn't make it. Knocked out in the semis of the qualifying tournament by Giannis and Greece.

poindexter likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Team USA is stacked talent wise but you can see the sloppiness, the I’m trying but it’s not the Finals trying. Whereas the other teams are giving it EVERYTHING THEY GOT. There will never be the same level of effort. Which makes me appreciate the World Cup “footballers” even more; they give it their all even though they get zero.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If it is Zidane, tell him not to headbutt the torch until the flame is extinguished.

Draft saved Draft deleted