1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

There's an interesting journalism question in here.

Let's say there's a non-zero chance - infinitesimal for sure, but non-zero - the shooting was staged.

How would anyone report it out? Where would you start? To whom would you speak?

I see lots of forensics stories like this: How the Trump Rally Gunman Had an Edge Over the Countersnipers

Is that the only approach?

SFIND likes this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I personally haven't seen it, but my buddy this morning said he's seen stories where state GOPers are planning lawsuits to force Biden to remain on the ballot.

Trump can't be removed because he's a felon, but Biden must remain even though he doesn't want to. Republican Logic 101.

garrow likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Biden must remain on the ballot ... even though he hasn't been formally nominated to the ballot yet.

Driftwood, garrow and FileNotFound like this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It kinda makes sense.

Masks were what "everyone else" was wearing, and TFG is not "everyone else."

The bandage is his badge of manly manhood for having survived a Tony Montana-like ambush.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Jack?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You know who else doesn't have kids? Lindsay Graham. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The no-kids bit is one of those creepy online fash bro ideas they’re trying to mainstream for we normies. Although most of them probably wouldn’t have wanted Harris out there creating non-white babies anyway.

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

These assholes live in a world that does not exist.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Some girls give me children
    That I never asked them for

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Really, that explains a lot about James Buchanan. If only he had children he'd have had the balls to go down to South Carolina and slap those assholes in the face before 600,000 people had to die.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's one of many reasons that argument is so stupid. There's also that it wasn't a real primary with real candidates so it's not like Biden emerged from a crowded field. And there's the fact that voters don't have any Constitutional right to have a say in who represents the Democratic party, anyway. Democracy in government applies to the November election. It doesn't have anything to do with each different club's rationale for deciding who to put up in November.

It's the same reason the crying about Bernie was so stupid in '16. "Oh, the people actually in the club went out of their way to make sure your guy, who's not even in the club, didn't get picked to be the club's new leader? What a shock."

That said, I can't rule out that there's some aggrieved "Democratic" voter who's going to try to sue (surely there is), and that "Democrat" may stumble into a certain type of judge who is willing to invent some unheard of rules to benefit a certain candidate.

Kato and Smallpotatoes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted