1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I saw some people theorizing Trump keeps bringing up Hannibal Lecter because he doesn’t understand the difference between political asylum and a mental asylum.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Virginia is not in Trump's base nor is it traditionally Republican. It hasn't voted red in a presidential election in 20 years and Biden won it 54-44 in 2020.

franticscribe likes this.
  3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

He keeps being up Lecter and other stupid shit like that because he’s trolling. And everyone on the left is falling for it, hook, line, and sinker.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I disagree. He's not capable of trolling. Venting and whining, yes, but trolling requires thinking of how other people think and that Trump just can't do. It's me, me, me. Also, I think on the stump he's got his bits and nothing else. The rambling is when one of the bits forces its way to the front of his brain and the words tumble out.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Randomly referencing a movie character from the Bush 41 years as if he's alive.....is piss poor trolling. Incomprehensible nonsense from a diseased mind is more like it.

6. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Correct. I was thinking North Carolina, which was fairly close in 2020. Sorry.

franticscribe and Cosmo like this.
  7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

He’s not trolling. He’s sundowning worse than Biden. People just don’t see it that way because Biden was way more coherent than Trump ever was.

There are two types of people I remember from my Abuelita’s memory home: the kind but confused and the mean and aggressive. Biden is kind, but confused. Trump is mean, aggressive and not with it. It just so happens it plays into his brand that people refuse to notice.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If you see a campaign sign at the Mar-A-Largo
    That says fifteen miles to the
    Lovsac. Lovsac yeah.
    Vance is heading’ down the Miami highway
    Looking for the couch, getaway.
    Heading for the couch, getaway. Couch getaway
    I got me a car; it’s a big as Donnie
    And we’re heading on down to the Lovsac.
    I got me a Tesla, Elon gave it to me for twenty,
    So hurry up and bring your crypto money

The Lovsac, is a shitty old place where
    Vance fucks polyester
    Lovsac baby
    A Lovesac baby
    Lovesac, baby Lovesac
    Lovesac, baby Lovesac

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This, I presume, is why Trumpist Tim Brando tweeted yesterday that "America needs college football now more than ever."
    Reminiscent of Ed Orgeron's comment in 2020 to Mike Pence: "America was built on college football." (Uh, no, you moron SEC coach. America was built on slave labor.)
    Equally reminiscent of Sen. Football Coach (R-Ala.) and his recent racist remarks re: VPOTUS.
    As to NASCAR, this is the entity that gave us the NRA 400, a sponsorship deal struck a few weeks after Sandy Hook.

Remember, Amurrikkka: This is the only President who respects our military.

garrow likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

North Carolina, which likes to think of itself as the smart South because it traded textiles and tobacco for banking and biotech, is basically a Trumpist state. No better than the rest of them. Both houses of the legislature nearly supermajority Trumpist. Voted for the klan in every election but one since going for Carter in 1976. But it keeps the veneer of being in play because it almost always votes for Democrats for governor.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted