1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun with the Murdoch Family...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by britwrit, Jul 24, 2024.

1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

According to the Times, Rupert Murdoch is making moves to strip control of the family trust from three of his children, fearing they're turn his empire liberal after his death. Basically, another season of Succession but weirdly fascinating...

The Secret Battle for the Future of the Murdoch Empire

matt_garth likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He puts the revocable in irrevocable trust.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

SCOTUS as presently constituted will find a way to revoke the trust. They'll fast-track it so it goes in effect before Rupert takes his dirt nap.

matt_garth likes this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What odds can we get that THIS wife outlives Rupert VIII?

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

This SCOTUS splits babies better than Oppenheimer splits atoms.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I want the good half.

7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I will not claim any knowledge of the intricacies of trust law but I read that when Rupert dumped long-time wife two, with whom he had the three kids currently active in the business, to marry a much younger woman, wife two gave up a lot of money to protect her children's cut by having these trusts set up. Wife two wanted to make sure that her children would get the family assets rather than any future spouses and offspring. She had an ally in these in Rupert's child from marriage one, who was close to wife two, and not happy about having a replacement stepmother 10 years younger than she was.

Draft saved Draft deleted