1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Next we’ll learn she swiped an extra mint at the Chic-Fil-A counter.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

gingerbread, Hermes, Webster and 6 others like this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'll go back to what I posted earlier: The NC legislature is out of whack because of two cycles of extreme gerrymandering (2011 and 2021). The Tarheel State has been in play in every presidential election starting with Obama's win in 2008. The margin last time was 1.3%. It's the definition of a purple state.

North Carolina Presidential Election Voting History - 270toWin

franticscribe likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Boy you’d have to live in a really fucking dumb state if it saw what happened there and decided to do the same thing.

oh

School choice vouchers tanked Arizona’s budget. Could they do the same in Alabama?

5. Twirling Time

To your point, if it's like what Texas is proposing, it's supposed to be taxpayer-neutral to the state. It takes the local public school property tax revenue and directs it to the private school that a student is attending. Right now Texas rural state legislators are holding the dam but eventually it will burst.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Add that the school vouchers the R's pushed through are about to blow some of those red state budgets wide open. Arizona is looking a $1.5 billion budget shortfall because of their program, which was widely copied and passed by other states

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not to mention he's expressing profound admiration ... for a sociopathic cannibal.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'd love to see it go to Harris.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A four walled concrete cell.

10. Twirling Time

Don't forget what I call the "Dobbs Tax" on GOP voting, which on average looks to me like a 5% haircut that polls are still not picking up on. If that holds, that puts a lot of tossup states into play.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I didn't db, I just hadn't gotten there yet.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Tin foil HAT! Rusted ...

Draft saved Draft deleted