1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Twins take 2 of 3 from Philadelphia. Game 2 was scoreless going into the ninth.

If Cleveland's magic runs out, Twins can win that division.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Wow, the Mariners … another anemic offensive effort, and the Angels sweep in Seattle.

This despite the following starting pitching performances:

Monday: Miller, 7 innings, 0 runs, 3 hits
    Tuesday: Gilbert, 6-2/3 innings, 1 ER, 4 hits
    Wednesday: Castillo, 6 innings, 0 runs, 5 hits

That’s brutal.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Watch out for the Halos. They sweep Seattle with Oakland and Colorado next.

They will win just enough to fool the front office into thinking that they can compete so they won't trade all the players they should.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It was more about the slow crawl around the bases.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They'd be in much better shape if they could beat Oakland (lost 5 of last 6 against them). Unfortunately, they don' t see the Mariners again until Labor Day weekend.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good thing the Orioles won't see teams like Oakland, Miami, the Cubs and St. Louis in the playoffs.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Giants need to pull the plug on the season. They are slipping further behind and have never been an offensive juggernaut. The question is will Farhan actually do it. His job has to be on the line. He either doesn’t have prospects ready (Luis Matos) or can’t recognize the ones he’s got (Heliot Ramos). Either way, he spent a shit ton on guys who suck. Soler isn’t a DH. Chapman is mid. They cut Nick Ahmed who opened as the short stop.

Time to get what you can from Snell. Package Dovall. Maybe the Orioles could use him as a closer.

Then tell Farhan he’s done after Game 162.

qtlaw and HanSenSE like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It's infuriating.
    O's are 0-8 against the Cubs, Marlins and Cardinals, all of which are typical, slap-hitting NL teams that play the game like it's 1985 and every field is artificial turf.
    The starting pitching has been ravaged by elbow injuries, but the hitting, once presumed solid, lacks the injury excuse. Gunnar has two extra-base hits in the past three weeks. Rutschman can't hit and can't throw anybody out.
    It's not a bad stretch. It's a bad month. A bad stretch? That's baseball. A bad six weeks? That's a trait.
    I'm thinking the braintrust doesn't think as highly of the triumvirate of Holliday, Mayo and Norby as the draft/scouting analysts do. Mateo gets hurt last and isn't placed on the IL. Urias is what he is -- a National League player -- and that's apparently acceptable.
    I yield back the balance of my time.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The Giants have this let's-get-this-over-with vibe to them. And it's July.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If I’m the Royals, I’m including McArthur as part of any trade.
    I don’t care if you call asking for our 35th round pick, I’m including 50 pounds of KC BBQ and McArthur on any trade.

maumann likes this.
  11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The Yankees STINK. Wow.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nothing happening in Los Angeles.

Draft saved Draft deleted