1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

He might be but his strengths outweigh that in my opinion. He's fairly new to politics but has beaten a MAGA candidate already.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I love Kelly too. He probably locks down Arizona. The union thing is a concern. He’d have to be square with the unions before he can be picked.

Walz could be a boost in Wisconsin and Michigan.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Arizona is a right-to-work state.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yes. I'm inspired by God's miracle work.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

There are three big but not insurmountable problems with Walz:

1. The George Floyd riots happened on his watch and even as a liberal, I'll say he sat on his hands at least a half-day too long, which got a police precinct torched.
    2. His daughter is lefty enough that it was accused that she was passing confidential police info on to antifa to keep them ahead of the cops.
    3. During COVID, the vibe was so much "Minnesota's strict dad." I just can't see "national level political figure" on this guy. And if offered the job I feel like they're going to have to promise that he can still get Vikings games at the Naval Observatory.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have the greatest contempt for the so called moderates who bend the knee like this.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I heard an author on NPR who wrote a book about VPs. He said VP have statistically zero effect on battleground states - including their own.

sgreenwell and dixiehack like this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Heck, I don't know. Tennessee was red in 80, 84, 88, flipped blue in 92 and 96 when Gore was VP nominee, then went back red when he was at the top of the ticket in 00 and has been ever since.

franticscribe likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think they can hurt if they're obviously awful -- see Palin.

SFIND likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted