1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Rogers Park in Inglewood and whatever park is closest to LB Poly.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

See? You're proving my point NBC's gone Commie with its Olympics coverage.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Been watching a good bit today, but I'm letting my 7 year old, who is way more excited about the games than I anticipated, pick what we watch.

So far today we've watched fencing, archery, water polo, swimming, mountain biking and about 10 minutes of USA-Serbia in hoops.

I'm getting asked 8 million questions a minute about sports I know nothing about, but having a lot of fun watching that fire get lit.

Apparently I need to look for fencing classes nearby.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hardly ever watch tennis, but those pictures from the net were fascinating.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Peacock's Gold Zone channel is legit, though you can kind of tell that the NFL guys don't know a hell of a lot more than the NFL. Scott Hansen just said a women's soccer goal was disallowed due to an "offsides penalty."

Gonna be an all-USA gold-medal match in women's foil fencing coming up between the defending champ Lee Kiefer against Lauren Scruggs from Harvard by way of Queens.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That might be the best single reason I've heard of for watching these Games before the track & field begins.

Liut and franticscribe like this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Feel fortunate you weren't watching the second day of eventing. You may have been in the market for a horse.

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Ha. I forgot we did watch a little of an equestrian event. He asked. I told him how expensive horses are and we couldn't afford one, which led to a discussion about why his cousin, one of my sister's kids, has two horses but we can't afford one.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That race was fucking fun. Don’t know how Huske caught her.

Webster and da man like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why are the Brazilians wearing a single ballet slipper during their floor routines?

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I don't think I would have guessed Jayson Tatum would not play one minute. Haliburton I get because of the leadin but for Derrick White to get 16 is something

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My god, that gymnastics analyst was devoid of anything but cheering for the USA. Made Rowdy Gaines seem like Mushnick by comparison.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted