1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis, Boobs and CNN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The audio quality for Stephen A. on his latest podcast is worse than a junior high kid in his basement. You make that much money and that's the garbage mic you have?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Before I get to my main point - I'm amazed at how many voices are literally hard to listen to on sports talk radio - they sound unintelligent and/or have really bad voices for radio (nasally or odd speech patterns) - I'm guessing the technical producers/board ops can only do so much.

Anyway - I don't know if this qualifies as Clay Travis "mattering" or "not mattering" anymore, but...

Trump Ally Goes Nuclear on Clay Travis, Calls It ‘Disgraceful’ Limbaugh’s Time Slot Went to Long-Time Democratic Voter

I do think you will see more righty radio people declaring their devotion and unflinching loyalty to Trump with the Iowa win. They need to put food on the table.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

She's a complete shitheel, but it is funny that she did a better job of exposing Clay as a loser opportunist than anyone else could have dreamed possible.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

More? That train left the station long ago. Scan the dial ... Trump, Trump, Trump.
    Agree with you on the "voices." Ben Shapiro isn't sports-talk but may possess the worst voice/delivery I've ever heard. Large market, small market, hog market. Mark Levin isn't as bad but, obviously, that's not saying much.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Shapiro (who I think is the current smartest voice on RW radio) has been repeatedly downplaying Trump's electability while also defending his actions as no worse than Democrats. He's probably a little too subtle for most of the listeners and he always sounds like he's on coke. Levin is a rage machine - pretty much just one note played over and over again. I disagree with Hannity about pretty much everything, but he does have serious broadcasting skills.

6. Sly

Sly Active Member

Clay Travis sold his soul for money a long time ago. He's headed straight for hell when he dies.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What if you switched from talk radio to music? Would your life be better? (Yes.)

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Clay Travis got a death threat mailed to his house.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Anyone want to wager it's a fake?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm going to need a sample of his handwriting.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Those questions have never been more valid than they are now. The only smart answer is to chill on coaches' salaries and stop any plans for new player pleasure palaces. I think the latter may have actually happened in some places.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted