1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So we ran up to Branson to reunion with the wife’s family (grandpa, mom, uncle brother and their spouses and kids). The Mrs. and I are big Olympics fans, so we flipped on the local NBC station Friday night after dinner and HOLY SHIT every commercial break was one Missouri MAGA calling the other Missouri MAGAs RINOs. There was never a mention of a Democrat at all - except Biden and Soros. One ad had a guy running for Lt. Gov. speaking about kicking illegals out of the state, complete with a Hispanic guy next to him translating into Spanish, followed by the Speedy Gonzalez clip of “arriba arriba arriba andale.”

gingerbread likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kamala shows up in El Paso or Las Cruces or somewhere like that and holds a foto op where she talks about how the GQP blocked the Border Patrol-approved immigration reform bill that some Republicans had (I think) come out in favor of.
    She doesn’t seem to shy away from an opportunity to call out Trump’s hypocrisy.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You'd think they would hammer on that. But it's almost like they tiptoe around it too much ("Gee, if we say tough immigration stuff, we'll sound like the opposition.")

gingerbread likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Thats the most racist ad I have ever seen. And I’ve seen it a bunch of times.

He’s also the fucker who took a flamethrower to all the evil trans people and their agenda. Along with some other GOP boogeymen. They were cardboard boxes, but still.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Has Missouri held its local primaries yet? Obviously it held its presidential primary. Some states split them up.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

“I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missourah” - A. Simpson

bumpy mcgee and TowelWaver like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I don’t recognize Missouri. It’s not the state of my youth.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oklahoma Senator James Lankford, blood red R, had a big hand in building that bill. Katie Britt from Alabama had a lot of time and effort into it as well. It was a bipartisan bill, written when the D's were desperate to get Ukraine support through and bargained away things that normally they never would. Best immigration bill the R's have seen in thirty years and it was there for the taking. Trump killed it to keep immigration as a campaign issue.

matt_garth and gingerbread like this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Suozzi used it to win back the seat held by Santos, but other than that it's been strangely sitting in the Dems' quiver unused. I hope they're saving it for October.

gingerbread and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Doesn't Trump, in his total ignorance, his inane ramblings, his disinterest in anything that isn't about him and nonexistent attention span, seem like he spent zero seconds as POTUS?

gingerbread and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Old and confused trump doesn’t know or understand anything that’s going on now. It’s elder abuse to let him run. Why won’t someone step in?

Gutter and gingerbread like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted