1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

That's TWO 14-game losing streaks this season for the White Sox, who should have been at or just beyond the peak of their contending years with the core they built upon the 2017-18 teardown. You seriously could not try to fuck up this badly.

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Obviously there’s a whole lot of shortcomings on the team, but the bullpen must have the worst ERA and whatever other numbers in MLB. I believe the White Sox have held a lead at some point of the game in nearly half their losses. (I’ll have to look up the gory details later)

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sad but true. They are 27-34 (.443) in games they lead after any full inning. If that stands, they’ll be only the third team starting with 1912 to lose a majority of games they led.
    Others:
    1939 Browns 30-43 (.482)
    1962 Mets 40-53 (.430)

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Well shit. 31 way too young.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Red Sox acquired catcher Danny Jansen in a trade with the Blue Jays, which puts him in position to make major league history.
    Oddly, he was also batting for the Blue Jays when the game was suspended.

maumann likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I can't quite sort out whether it's reality, or my personal perception, that makes me think I'm a LOT more comfortable with Zach Eflin throwing than Dean Kremer.

I mean, they're both 4.00 ERA starters. Eflin has a better WHIP, but Kremer gives up fewer hits per nine.

But Eflin's stuff looks so much better.

And then James McCann. Holy shit, dude.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2024
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Chick Gandil, Lefty Williams, Eddie Cicotte, Happy Felsch and Swede Risberg played for both teams in the same game several times in 1919. Hal Chase did it throughout his career.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That took me a minute to get that. Well done, sir. Well done.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Phillies non-pitcher Stubbs actually flinching as he delivers puffballs to Stanton.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We probably knew Maury Povich was a fucking horrible pitcher. Tonight just confirms it.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

... and the polygraph said that was a lie.

Draft saved Draft deleted