1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He really is Rodney Dangerfield

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL at Fox News goons continuously failing to get Trump to backtrack on some inane garbage he recently spouted.

"I can't imagine you would ever do...."
    "You didn't really mean that.... right?"

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Seriously. Imagine what Howard Baker would think of these morons. Or Bob Dole. Or Barry Goldwater. Or Ike.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the cools are calling people weird sorry it's not cool to be scared of taxes and regulations and genitals and bud light and taylor swift and school books and blue lives not mattering as much as they should and female sexuality and the nba and the barbie movie and target and disney and m&ms and a higher minimum wage and immigrants taking all the good chicken processing jobs and the racial and gender makeup of your airplane's pilot so much hate so much

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You count Ford for half a term?

Liut and Twirling Time like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

“I like Trump because he tells it like it is!”

Trump speaks.

“Well, what he really meant was … “

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yeah, I suppose i’m talking about campaign strategy, and you’re talking about, I dunno, good vs. evil.

Which, as Friedman notes, few do the good vs. evil binary better than Trump.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

He won with that strategy once. Barely. Against a candidate who had been vilified for decades by hard-right media. Meh. How good is he with that strategy outside of his base? The stats say meh.

It’s clear trump is too old and feeble. It’s the same tired act with policies that are disliked by the majority of Americans.

There are real economic challenges that need to be addressed by the Dems. The trump plan does nothing to help the middle and lower class and would make inflation worse. It only benefits the wealthy.

Right now, ahead of the convention, the Dem message appears to be resonating. Weird works. It’s simple. It’s relatable. It’s a truth without being mean or superior.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2024
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Final numbers for white dudes for Kamala Harris: 190k participants, more than $4 million raised.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted