1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Good. They've been calling the other side much worse ("cuck" anyone?) for eight years. Milk it to inauguration day. Then milk it again in four years when you know 82-year-old Trump will run this back once again.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

They're not waiting in line for the Varsity ...

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

People have had enough of this shit. Too many years of Donald Trump and Trump-enthralled Republicans lying and bullying their way to power, and targeting the most vulnerable to score points among their base of freaks and perverts. The When they go low, we go high counterstrategy of the Hillary Clinton era has been abandoned. It was not effective, and it was not satisfying. Now, when they say and do weird shit, Democrats simply point out, Hey, that's real weird.

https://defector.com/look-at-these-fucking-weirdos

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Kind of lost in everything going on is just how much the trumplicans HATE this country (when they aren't in charge).

I'm not an overly patriotic person, but I very much love this country and I'm fortunate to have been born here and live here. It bothers me when they say how awful it is when they don't get to impose their unpopular vision of what they want it to be.

And it REALLY bothers me that I apparently am "less than" because I don't have kids. That shit pisses me off.

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Lots of intense conversations swirling around the upcoming NABJ conference. The c0-chair has stepped down.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2024
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Exactly, that's not the country that I was sold in kindergarten going forward:

One nation under God, indivisible;
    with liberty and justice for all;​

and how about the Statute of Liberty:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddle masses, yearning to breath free,....
    MAGA people aren't the true Americans. They're the treasonous, anti-Americans.

7. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Well-fed crafty lefthander Ramon Tatis used to wait on line for the Varsity. IYKYK.

8. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Yup. And Tom Friedman can clutch his pearls until kingdom come. He's an idiot if he thinks this is what's going to keep "blue collar non-college educated whites in Rust Belt states" from voting for Harris when -- if showing a little fight is what keeps them away -- they were never going to vote for her to begin with. Much better play to energize Black voters, women voters and young voters in those same states, which all have blue cities, blue college towns and suburban women who are pissed off about Dobbs.

zufer, Dyno, TowelWaver and 4 others like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

100 percent

Dyno, gingerbread and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I've gone back and forth on this. For me, it probably boils down to being for it, because seeking answers from people in power is what the job is all about.

I hate platforming the lying felonious traitor. And if he's allowed to steamroll and just give his bullshit stump speech, then it's a wasted opportunity.

If people are allowed to ask tough questions and hold his feet to the fire, it'll be worth it.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ask about the Central Park Five, the racial discrimination in his properties history, the questioning of Obama's birth certificate, and the deportation of 5 percent of the American workforce and I'm fine with Trump speaking to journalists wherever, whenever.

Hell, ask him about all the newspaper jobs that have been lost.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2024
  12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This is why I like Walz, although I've seen him only in the posted clips.

He's punching hard, and with humor, so he's great in the role of attack dog.
    Trash the fuck out of those MAGA weirdos and leave the voters laughing while you're doing it.

That creates momentum and takes a lot of the dirty work out of Harris' hands, and he can rip Vance apart in a debate.

Draft saved Draft deleted