1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

And of course the trump project 2025 plan of mass deportation and internment camps is both evil and stupid. It would completely tank the economy.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Hey on one hand we'd face an enormous labor shortage, which would choke supply lines. On the other hand demand would collapse, so that's cool.

Also on one hand: The construction industry would have a labor shortage. On the other hand, we'll have a sudden surplus in housing, so we won't need to build a bunch of new houses.

No. The GOP is not telling people that removing 20 million people from the country will drive down the value of their home, and probably make a non-zero number of people suddenly upside down on the mortgages.

It's almost like we've got a party which governs exclusively on "this will sound good on Fox News, as long as we don't consider the nuance or the potential pitfalls of our proposed policies."

As I understand it: Depopulation and economic contraction walk hand in hand. You can't reduce the population and not contract an economy.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump "speech" to NABJ delayed because CFTFG insists the organization not do live fact-checking, per teh Twitterez.

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Holy. Fuck. This NABJ interview is ....

I mean. Wow. I can't believe his handlers agreed to this.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Walls.

7. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

For those who want to pull their eyelashes out:

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Opening question fireworks!

x.com

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

How the f*ck is this pig (still) viable?

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I not able to watch, but if what I'm reading isn't TOO lefty spin, then this is why you get him in a room and make him answer questions. He hasn't done this in a long time. Not even the debate, where he steamrolled and went completely unchallenged.

When is trump going to do another "big boy" interview anyway? It's clear he's too old to do this job. Why won't they replace him?

UNCGrad likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Big boy interview? There's a first time for everything.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

did anyone say anything about it was weird because that lowbrow approach will just drive me to vote for him which i wasn't going to do because i detest him but i will have no choice

Draft saved Draft deleted