1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

I've always wondered what the live stream of "Right Side Broadcasting Network" was like.

Holy shit! An ad for IVERMECTIN.

"Weird," indeed.

Screen Shot 2024-07-31 at 5.12.05 PM.png

garrow, matt_garth and gingerbread like this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

See the Lethal Weapon clip. "But you're ... bleck." The Afrikaaaner pronunciation.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You think he can name more than one Native American?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Also, perhaps remind her that Trump will be far worse on that issue she claims to care about.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I imagine that she'd be plenty Black enough if she bought the house next door to him.

garrow, swingline, dixiehack and 3 others like this.
  9. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Everyone saying "shame on NABJ for giving Trump a platform" ... this was the perfect platform for him to take off the cloak.

I understand if it were National Association of Black Doctors. or National Association of Black Electricians. But Journalists? This is what we're supposed to do. If the skies opened and the gods and goddesses sang and Trump agreed to be interviewed at an AWSM (Association of Women in Sports Media) convention, damn sure I'd be doing the happy dance.

(That said, I want to read a comprehensive report of these last 24 hours at NABJ to understand the behind-the-scenes conversations. I also hope someone who was there can detail what happened the exact second Trump's people had their "oh crap" lightbulb moment and rushed him off the stage, 20 minutes before the forum was to end.)

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Wait, what? Unless I'm reading that gobbledygook wrong, young Black people who have NOT VOTED in the past three elections are only slightly in favor of the Democratic candidate -- with a vote that they haven't used in 12 years? How is this even clickbait?

These aren't occassional voters. You can't extrapolate "only 18 new Democratic votes from 100 new voters" if they never have been in a voting booth. At all. Ever. Especially when the previous paragraph says they still favor Biden over Trump by 10 percentage points.

If you don't vote on Election Day, it doesn't matter whether you have a preference or not. You don't get "would have voted for X or Y except I didn't" added to the count.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2024
    Fred siegle and franticscribe like this.
  11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Trump is only going to get votes from his base now and that won't be enough. The independents who were going to sit on the fence won't break for him and Harris has galvanized women and minorities. If she doesn't do anything stupid, picks the right VP and there's no October surprise, I think it's a comfortable victory in the Biden range, about 306-310 electoral votes. Of course Trump and his stooges will take some state results to court, bitch, moan and even try to stage some mischief on Jan. 6, 2025. But unlike last time, the Dems are in power and control the government infrastructure. All Harris has to do is not fuck it up.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This is a distinctly different take from a bunch of the board middle aged white guys a week ago sunday, who had the november election figured out the day Biden endorsed Harris.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted