1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Its funny, people barely remember that Trump was shot a couple of weeks back. Anyone get a good look at his ear today?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm a little disappointed nobody at the NABJ threw the fake-assassination rumors right at him -- you never know, he might pop a gasket and confirm it.

"Sir, many people are saying the apparent attack on you might have been an amateurish false flag hoax."

FATFUCK: "I have never heard anything so nasty. It wasn't an amateurish hoax, it was fantastic. A tremendous hoax. The pictures came out exactly the way we planned. Only the best blood capsules."

"Sir, what about the innocent bystander who was killed?"

FATFUCK: "Obviously a loser and a sucker. I'll send his widow a choice box of Trump Steaks. Specially aged at my complex at Moron Loco for unforgettable taste and aroma."

Last edited: Aug 1, 2024
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

4. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

These are all really good points.

The one caveat is that Trump and Co. are clearly going to lean into race now. Whether it's questioning her identity or calling her the DEI candidate, it's going to come up from him or a surrogate daily.

As you said, he's said plenty of outrageous things in the past. But I wonder if the constant drumbeat and total tonnage of racist, bigoted, and idiotic statements that are bound to be uttered over the next three months ends up having a greater impact than expected.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t even give it a decade. More like the summer of the 2026 midterms.

TV “Talent”; “Why should voters want to vote for you? You’ve supported Donald Trump’s policies …”

GQPer: “No, I’ve never supported Donald Trump …”

TV “Talent”: “What do you mean? You’ve done multiple interviews, including on this show; put out press releases and statements. You were cheering on the Jan. 6ers …”

GQPer. “I’ve never done any of that .”

“Talent”: “But there’s videos of you …”

GQPer: “Nope. Never happened. The deep state faked the videos ….”

“Talent: “Well, we’ll just have to leave it at that.”

gingerbread likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Trumpers will explain themselves with "Man, it was the 2010s, it was a crazy time..." similar to the way people explained disco and the rampant drug use and sex in the '70s,

:Trump? Me? No, man. That's not me. That's not my bag baby...."

[​IMG]

gingerbread and UPChip like this.
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I wonder if it will affect the turnout for a state like Georgia. The turnout jumped a little more than six percent from 2016 to 2020 and you have may have had a dip if Biden had remained on the ballot. Now you not only have a black candidate, you'll have the other side taking racist shots for three months. Is that going to send X-number of thousands to the polls that were just going to sit home this time? 16 electoral votes that looked all GOP are up for grabs.

Did it all but remove Michigan as a swing state and put it as a lock to stay blue, especially with the way the polling is / trending before today?

I don't think there's another state that will make that big of a difference but if NC (which was a 75,000 gap last time) or a pipe dream of Florida flipped, this as a turning point into these tactics the next three months will probably be one of, if not the factor.

TowelWaver and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It was mentioned earlier that his handlers won't let him do another non-friendly appearance where he isn't challenged.
    Harris absolutely has to bait him into a live debate. His people will do everything they can to prevent it, but if she goads him enough with name calling, getting the tv time, etc., he'll demand to get on stage.
    Then, burn him down live.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agreed — Trump lives in the right wing media blender where everything which he says is taken as gospel. Babies aborted after they are born? Sure. 15 million illegals coming across every month? Preach. So when he has to step outside of that bubble and faces questions, he sounds ridiculous. That’s why the Swan interview of him was so effective — it was just asking reasonable follow-ups and sounded like an idiot trying to respond.

TowelWaver, garrow and Driftwood like this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jamaica was part of the slave route for 275 years and a study cites that 76% of 4 million Jamaicans are Black or of African descent.

Some Jamaicans are pure Indian or other European blood.

Jamaica is not a one-size fits all but it will always be One Love.

And, who cares? In the end Donold Hitler's rotting brain and tongue is coalescing the Black America vote for Kamala Harris.

gingerbread likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

His poor kids. Man, what a putz

matt_garth likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think the VP will be announced by Tuesday. IIRC, that's the deadline for the ballot paperwork in Ohiio. Might have the state wrong, but tha deadline is Tuesday. Campaign has announced an event Tuesday in Philadelphia.

Draft saved Draft deleted