1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Don't know what took me so long to figure it out, but Peacock has the entire SNL catalog. I figured I'd work my way through from the beginning via favorite hosts and musicians, and hoo boy a lot of the old stuff really sucks now -- and maybe it even sucked then, judging by tepid audience reactions. Cannot believe there was a sketch in 1979 where Dan Aykroyd played "Uberman," a spinoff of Superman where he defends the Nazi way and uses his powers to round up more Jews. I know all SNLs are a product of their times and tastes change but I might have to just skip to the early '90s when I started watching in high school.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's honestly great how our memories filter out all of the shit we see on a daily basis, haha. A bunch of the early SNL stuff is clearly "let's do a bunch of cocaine and then stand around as bees for 10 minutes."

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Only one more episode remaining in Season 3 of "Mayor of Kingstown." Just enjoy the heck outta that show. Perfect Jeremy Renner joint.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Invariably when people begin talking about how SNL hasn't been any good since the Not Ready For Prime-Time Players, I like to point out that they had their fair share of misses, too.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Just finished Presumed Innocent. I have to say, I wanted to find the book and got my theory spoiled thanks to a description for a follow up. But the actual ending was good. There isn’t much more to say that won’t spoil anything. I appreciated the end and the resolution. Great series.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I felt there was no way to figure it out.

It was like, “Fuck it. Here’s a twist.”

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I feel like it was enough to have the twist just with different details, if I may be vague enough. I’m going to read the book to see if there are clues that put the end in better light. My wife almost had it pegged, but just missed it.

I liked be ending but I see how it came out of left field.

JimmyHoward33 and Scout like this.
  11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I didn't want to post on this for fear of giving it away. I usually don't figure them out, but my wife usually does and I accuse her of having written the script. I gave a few moments of thought to every character -- could they have done it? -- then moved on. This one totally threw me. Great story.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Leaving aside the legal leaps of faith such as Raymond representing Rusty, the biggest issue I had was that
    I don’t see how Rusty thought that Barbara could have done it. He returns home from Carolyn’s, when Barbara is home, and then goes back to her place. When did he think that Barbara had time to kill her? Plus, did he not have his phone the second time he went to her place because there was no metadata about his location?

Draft saved Draft deleted