1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jan 10, 2024.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the prices listed don’t include the required game ticket. Ordinarily I would say those should be dirt cheap outside the gates, but they may suffer from being such a thinly-traded commodity (i.e. scalpers don’t bother).

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

WSU has a branch campus there.

And there are a lot of Beaver fans in PDX who would not take kindly to a bridge painted specifically to "honor" UO. OTOH, the current Interstate Bridge is already green steel, so it could be WGAF. Nobody wants it purple.

OSU downsized its stadium by about 4-5K when it redid the West grandstand. No more bleacher seats, etc.; it's spectacular and all the seats are much closer to the field.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If they're rooting interest is like it was when I lived there, it's all Oregon all the time. Oregon stickers in Oregon/Washington are like Salt Life stickers in Jacksonville.

4. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

"But all you guys with speeding tickets? We've got a fixer for that, don't worry. You won't even miss a class you're not attending."

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

We had Duke football season tickets for a couple seasons in the 90s when basically none of their games were on TV. It had to have been dirt cheap. The bathrooms sure were a odious sight.

I seem to remember they made a decently big deal about the renovations ~10 years ago when Cutcliffe dragged them kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Today in womens college sports: You only cover us when we sign a million-dollar shortstop!

8. Hot and Rickety

Hot and Rickety Active Member

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

10. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I don't understand how people think they can get away with deleting texts or photos on a phone. Or emails, or that a Ring-doorbell-CCTV-road-something camera somewhere won't get a photo or video. Or phone calls (see Freeze, Hugh).

I guess some people really are that dumb.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

"It's like a real-life Grand Theft Auto video game," one former player said. "There are many distractions with fights, guns, and money floating around. The environment is unlike any I’ve come from before."

No, no, no, no, no. You cannot put that kind of quote as an anonymous speaker, with that allegation, to lead off a story. Of course the sources fear retaliation if named. So you don't have a story. But you can't do that as a reporter and be taken seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted