1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They're threatening mutiny is Shapiro is selected, but I'm not sure that many people care about this topic beyond their little bubble.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Shapiro has two big non-overlapping weaknesses that none of the other prospects have.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Given the fact that none of his promises come true (wall, Obamacare repeal/replace) . . .

4. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

The Biden resigning theory is not a good idea. That just seems like spiking the football at the 5-yard line. Keep Kamala’s focus on the campaign and use Biden’s portion of the convention to celebrate his decision to bow out of the race and hammer home the real successes of his administration. Additionally, we forget how difficult it was for Biden to leave the race. These folks have huge egos; he’s going to want to finish and continue to do bold things — like negotiate today’s prisoner swap.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Normies don’t care. And if he can deliver Pennsylvania, good.

Patchen and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Having Biden finish out the term also helps him since he can cut "deals" and say - hey, you aren't going to get a better outcome under the next President, whomever is elected.

TowelWaver, 2muchcoffeeman and Kato like this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I think back to the 1968 Democratic convention in Chicago when polls showed that the public watching on TV sided with the cops and not the protesters. I think the middle and independents look at the Palestinian protesters and give a collective shrug.

People also need to be careful with this narrative that he can deliver Pennsylvania. He won mainly because he ran against an incredibly unpopular weirdo named Doug Mastriano who arranged buses to D.C. on January 6.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Exactly. Let Tricky Dick remain the only POTUS to resign.

tapintoamerica and TowelWaver like this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wut?

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I’m wondering who’s running the campaign now. I mean the day-to-day. It’s clear the top level is Kamala folks. I wonder if the on-the-street types were holding fire all this time because that’s what the Biden faction wanted, or if they got quietly swept out with the bossman.

TowelWaver likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

In there any real info behind the “Biden should resign” theory? Seems like it’s just pundit chatter.

I think the return of the Russian hostages is a pretty clear indication he will continue to work and serve his full term.

The picture trump posted of Harris with her mom is quite a choice.

He really, really can’t understand that someone can celebrate both sides of being multiracial. Who is he winning over that wasn’t already in his racist camp?

Another sign he’s too old and senile and needs to drop out.

franticscribe, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted