1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

A’s and Giants always seem to get up for each other. Fans go all out and the place gets lively. Players usually follow. No matter the record.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn. That sucks.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

O's add Slater, Jimenez, Livan Soto to the roster. They send Heston Kjerstad back to Norfolk.

This reminds me of how the Phillies filled out the back of the roster in recent years: AAAA players. David Dahl, Kody Clemens, Darick Hall.

(Yes, I know Jimenez flashed big power in his early years, but it's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately game.)

Some teams have to use "limbo" players for their depth. The Orioles and the Phillies should not have to resort to it.

This strategy fails more often than not, in my experience.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

:D

jr/shotglass likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Hate to say it, but it may be time to hang 'em up.

upload_2024-8-1_14-26-55.png

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I think you're right.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He's got $222 million coming with six years left on his contract. He's not going anywhere. Just stick him at DH each year and hope for the best

jr/shotglass and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Humongous shame. If he was one county north, he’d be more popular than Judge. If he played in be Bronx, he’d be peers with Steph Curry or Pat Mahomes. I know he’s very private and the Subway ads were probably the most he was willing to do, but damn. Just all of that talent wasted on the Angels.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

He leaned into his love of weather and did a commercial promoting Twisters and actually showed some personality.

Watch 'Weather Nerd' Mike Trout Star in New 'Twisters' Ad (si.com)

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

A few years ago, ESPN would have a story about how many Hall of Famers Trout was passing every month or so. That does not happen anymore. It’s a damn shame his body keeps breaking down. He could have been the best ever.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Bill Shakin wrote this, I assume with a straight face: Column: How might another lost season for Mike Trout impact his Hall of Fame candidacy?

And quotes Ross Newhan saying he might note vote for him

Draft saved Draft deleted