1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Webster likes this.
  2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Taking questions from screaming journalists at midnight after what had to have been an exhausting day ... and answering coherently, respectfully, with a nod toward freedom of the press ... Biden is going out strong.

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I hope in every interview Evan does, he mentions Biden by name.

2muchcoffeeman and matt_garth like this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I imagine over the last month Euro leaders freaked out about Trump were saying to Biden as he mulled the future - "Is there anything we can do? and Joe said "Well, actually....we have a deal in the works to bring some people home." It can't be overstated how important strong ties with our allies are. Consistent, reliable, relationships. You aren't going to get that from Trump.
    I'm glad Biden is continuing to notch wins after his decision not to run again. He really has been a good President. Brought Griner home too. Used to be a foreign government would hold US citizens illegally then a "private citizen" like Carter, Clinton or Jesse Jackson would visit and they'd be released. Now we're getting it done through the State Department. Solid work.

Minor quibble - I understand journos pressing on Gershkovich, but there are other people being held throughout the world who are just as deserving of coming home.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

If she showed up at some rallies....

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It must be exhausting — stock market goes up, that’s because everyone is confident that Trump is going to be reelected. Stock market goes down, that’s because of Biden’s horrible policies. Fewer illegals crossing the border, that’s because they know that when Trump comes in they will be deported. More illegals crossing the border, that’s because they know that Biden won’t do anything about it.

TowelWaver, HanSenSE, garrow and 2 others like this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

2.1 million. That is the number of unique users Truth Social had in June.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

CNN did a good job rewarding his talent.

Draft saved Draft deleted