1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They knew Kamala was going to be elevated this way and maybe it's the only reason they chose the couch fucker, to show that his wife is the better Indian woman.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Never attribute to genius what is more easily explained by stupidity, as shown in "Glass Onion."

[​IMG]

UNCGrad, Hermes and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Trump stuff can be found all over my red county. Trump flags and red, white, and blue bunting decorate the entry gates at many million-plus homes in the suburbs. I suspect these folks would love to be safely walled away from the less well-off members of society.

Yesterday I took my mother to Amish country to buy produce. The recalls make a trip to the neighborhood stores on the scary side. There was a family from Wilson County that included one fellow who had that third trimester look who showed up with a suspiciously new looking MAGA hat, a shirt declaring that "Jeeesus was his lord and Trump was his Prisnint" and his unused keys on a "Trump 2024" lanyard. You know how middleschoolers used to look wearing their first concert tees the Monday after Def Leppard played Murphy Center* in the 'Boro circa 1978? It was something like that.

Most Amish people ignore Trump to MAGAts and eyeroll 45 to those they feel comfortable chatting with. They say he is not Godly. Not a ripple from the guys running the stand. After telling me three times that cling-free peaches were the best, Trumpy asked me who was on my shirt. I told him it was David Hidalgo of Los Lobos. Yes, lobos as in wolves. I did not ask him about his shirt. He left me alone for the rest of the time I was in there. I watched him wander outside to see what stickers I had on Butterbean's bumper. "Wag more, bark less" and "I brake for critters" must have been huge letdowns. He and his people wandered around the front porch of the stand, possibly waiting for more worthy opponents as we waved a cheery "bye" and left for the farm with the best corn.

The Amish guy at checkout laughed and said he liked my shirt. Here's what it looks like:

catrock.jpg

*h/t to @dixiehack

Last edited: Aug 3, 2024
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Disagree. Republicans aren't dumb. They didn't pick the man with the Indian wife for nothing.

Don't think they didn't know about his predilection for couches and disdain for chocolate milk. It was about her: Our Indian woman is better than yours.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Los Lobos? Ain't they Mexicans? You must be from California. Probably San Francisco. No, I ain't racist or nothin'. I like them restaurants the Mexicans got, but do they need so many of them working there? They're taking white people's jobs.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And then he opened his mouth and proved Republicans are … well … you know

Gutter and garrow like this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Los Lobos, straight out of East LA, carnal. Have some quesabirria and chill, homie.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago it snowed and before I could shovel, a vanload of Latinos showed up out of nowhere and did it for $40. Including one young woman who looked about seven months pregnant.

10. Songbird

They're willing to hit on 16.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How will the Wolf survive?

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I prefer Tito & Tarantula .... although I do like Will the Wolf Survive.

One of my very best homies at work is a first generation Mexican American, born in East L.A. I have a picture in my classroom of he and I with our arms around each other in front of the White House with him wearing his t-shirt that says "I just look illegal."

Draft saved Draft deleted