1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Mark this moment. The War on Christmas has begun!

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Harris should push for the debate trump agreed to AND go on Fox. Get some notes from Mayor Pete on how to handle that.

But NO FUCKING audience. For any of them. It's not a fucking rally.

Edit to add: ABC has to be first because trump will chicken out of a second one if Fox is first. Also, fuck the lying fuckers at Fox and their $787M settlement for lying about the 2020 election.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2024
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That’s awesome. And I bet your friend really does know the best places to get Quesabirria. …

Hmm… I think I need to make a lunch run

Driftwood likes this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Rats. I was hoping for a war on Maggie Haberman.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was going to post on that. I think it's just what it looks like.

Justin King started the channel five years ago. For four of them he put out three videos per day. He has a staff of six, who help write and research. He fact checked all of them and in most cases delivered the video without using a script. Over the last year he went to producing four videos per day. The channel has a very active community in the comments, and there have been calls for him to take a damn vacation for quite some time. He hasn't. As close to that as he's gotten is going in after hurricanes to help out, give away donated chainsaws and other supplies, that sort of thing. He had commented a week or ten days back that the channel had not done as much community work and how much he missed it. Four videos every day, at 7 am, 3 pm, 7 pm, and 10:45 pm is a helluva grind. No days off, or if there were any those video hits had to be pre-recorded to cover the time slots. That's a helluva lot of work, even with the five to six man staff supporting him.

Mrs. Beau (or Miz Beau, or Ms Beau), who is an ER nurse in her other life, has taken over as the on camera talent. She's still a little rough, but getting a bit better. Once she's done a couple of hundred of them she's get smooth. By acclamation she's adopting Belle as her screen name, over the somewhat awkward Ms. Beau.

She's said that basically everyone around him, family, friends, and staff, has been expecting him to crater for some time. He's apparently extremely focused, a perfectionist, and a severe workaholic. She says not to expect him back in a senior commenter role, or a one day a week appearance, anything like that. She says that if he relapses and gets back involved he'll be back at it full time, that the only way he can successfully decompress is to cut it off completely. Belle says that when he broke, she had seven hours notice to put together the next show. It's the same core group writing and running the channel, less Beau. He was of course the face of the channel, and things are a little odd without him, but basically the programming, format, and delivery are pretty much the same. They are running off of a script now, to help Belle get her feet under her. She also says that Beau really does not know as much about a huge number of things in the way that the channel makes it seem, but that he has a very extensive circle of friends who are experts in various fields or know who to talk to to get an accurate take. She then grinned and said not to worry about that too much as most of his friends are her friends, too, and she can tap into that network as well..

Basically, I think he just plain burned himself out and needed to step away. He may be gone for as much as a year.

Edit: I forgot that he had also started a second channel almost a year ago, doing longer format videos, where he was doing 45 minute or so vids on Sundays, basically touching on news he didn't think was getting enough coverage and other stuff he simply found interesting, plus answering questions from the comments. This channel is expanding to weekly features on science, space, and other longer vids.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2024
    Driftwood and gingerbread like this.
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Beau. LOL

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I have some in my area, but my personal favorite is still the Hawk Tuah ’24 one a couple towns over.

garrow likes this.
  11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. You may have given me my write in candidate.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In the past few weeks, Trump was nearly assassinated and a credible story about a foreign nation giving him $10m (which was covered up by his AG). But the 24/7 news cycle has already moved way past those stories.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted