1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Fine ending that sets up a lot for the future. Roman got a great pop. Hopefully Jacob Fatu is just a great seller and didn’t get actually hurt on that dive.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The entrance ramps at these stadium shows really take away the dramatic effect of the big return. It took KO, Orton and Roman about an hour to get to the ring.

Did Jacob Fatu legit blow out his knee on that splash through the table? He's not supposed to sell much, and he looked like he was in some real pain while holding his leg. Also looked like he tried to get up, had his right knee give out, and was pretty frustrated by it.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

The DIY guys might be killing themselves to have to lose the belts and then Fatu might be hurt. Though I suppose they could always just Freebird the other belt to Tonga Loa or the potentially debuting Hikuleo.

Fatu being gone would be a damper on the feud somewhat. He was already the far superior member of the group, even against Solo. He's the only one I can honestly buy being a threat to Roman.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was really thinking that when Orton was making his save. He kinda looked like he was slapping hands with the fans when he made his entrance, which took away from the urgency.

He, all of people, should have snuck in from behind and did the RKO.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I think Roman goes to Netflix so long term its OK, but the We Want Roman chants are louder than anything Cody’s getting. We’re in Hogan/Savage territory here which is not where we want Cody to be.

Also this does nothing to make me take Bloodline 2.0 seriously. They’re not a credible threat to Cody. Or Roman. Never mind the both of them together.

It’ll be interesting to see how they book that to get that across cuz from here it looks like a steep hill to climb

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Especially if Fatu is seriously injured, it's going to be tough. He was 2.0's beast, their odds-leveler. Without him, and with Tonga Loa perhaps also unable to wrestle because of the eye injury (I can't seem to find anything on whether it's legit or a work, but I'm leaning toward the former), they've quickly taken a huge hit.
    I suspect a massive beatdown is in Roman's immediate future to re-establish 2.0's credibility.
    Beyond that, I suspect he goes after Solo first to clean up his own house. That takes us through the end of the year, with 1.0 vs. 2.0 in the War Games match at Survivor Series. One way or another, that reunites the Bloodline into a massive faction that's an even bigger threat. Cody moves on to another feud while keeping one toe in the Bloodline pool. Maybe he's a member of the 1.0 team at Survivor Series, and then all of them turn on him afterward.
    Then Roman wins the Royal Rumble to get us to Roman-Cody III at Wrestlemania. Roman probably wins that, but there are some different directions they can go with it.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

The biggest wild card here is Rock. Is he the mastermind of 2.0? Do we get him vs. Roman somewhere? What about the oft-teased match of Rock vs. Cody?

The Hollywood strikes helped open Rock's schedule some for his last run. But when does he start filming the live-action Moana? There's no risking a big-budget production like that, especially when Dwayne's company is producing.

Batman likes this.
  9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I think for Mania season its gonna be Cody vs Rock on Smackdown and Roman vs Seth on Raw.
    Maybe Solo gets dragged out long enough for Mania, maybe not

10. nietsroob17

Gargano's weekly vlog is great as always, but damn is it bittersweet going from the happiness of him with his son in his hometown, then to the sadness of his family's restaurant being destroyed.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

12. nietsroob17

Watched the season finales for the A&E Bios on Trish and Becky.

Trish's was good. Her life before wrestling is not one that's not really out there. She really did improve SO much since her valet days. And they absolutely blasted Jackie Gayda, the Tough Enough winner who was part of one of the most infamously bad matches in WWE history with Trish.

But you could tell they had this thing in the can for a long time. It had interviews from Edge and Sasha (who wasn't referred to as "former") and it had nothing on her last run with Lita, Becky and Zoey Stark.

Kudos to her -- all her time as one of the biggest sex symbols in pro wrestling, and she's still with her childhood sweetheart all these years later.

Becky's seemed like it was played on fast-forward, especially after reading all the details of her memoir. It was only an hour long, but it could've (and probably should've) been two hours.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted