1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Plus we’ll be saving money to pay down the deficit. He’ll be VP for $200 a day plus expenses.

Dog8Cats, MTM, Slacker and 3 others like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Don-old can't keep up.

Teardrops on the city
    bad Don-old's searching for his groove

Fred siegle and garrow like this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Rat meat product and diluted rubbing alcohol?

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

IMG_4161.jpeg

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He’s only campaigning in a state with four(?) electoral votes that he’s already guaranteed to win. Makes sense.

sgreenwell, Driftwood and garrow like this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I could accept either one. Shapiro has a couple of policy positions I'm not crazy about, but he seems popular in a state with 19 electoral votes. Walz is folksy but comes from a state that seems pretty well in hand. The most impressive person in all of politics is Buttigieg, but Amurrrrikkka isn't yet ready for a man to kiss his husband on the lips after a debate.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a day last week when it was "revealed" that somebody "unintentionally released" the video proclaiming Shapiro as the choice?

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying Trump is guaranteed to win (far from it) but selfishly I don't want Pete saddled with a loss if he's on the ticket. He's a future president and at 42 years old I don't want him removed as an option because of that stigma.

Like many looking at the other main options -- Walz, Shapiro, Kelly, Beshear -- there isn't a wrong choice. They each have a thing or two but for the most part she could pick any of them and people will go with it.

I said the day of the Vance pick that Trump couldn't have picked a worse VP. He had several choices that made a ton more sense and yet that's what he took.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Either that or they're selling shingles at cost at Menard's.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

A favor to the Maggot running against Tester.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That's the issue with Shapiro.

If she introduces Walz tomorrow, the stories for the next week are Meet Tim Walz! He's a football coach! He's America's Dad! Everybody loves Tim Walz!

Introduce Shapiro and it's Palestine and school vouchers. It's an absolute momentum killer. They've got great enthusiasm behind the ticket right now and questions over Shapiro's record will completely fuck that up.

Draft saved Draft deleted