1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It doesn’t get talked about enough, but House Democrats could have turbofucked Trump in the early weeks of the pandemic by refusing to pass any kind of aid measures to get people through the shock that came with the shutdowns. But instead of pressing for maximum advantage, they led the way to get money out to people at the moment of greatest need, to the point the Republican-led Senate said “sure, we’ll go along with whatever.”

If something like that had happened this spring, does anyone doubt the GOP would have let the country bleed out for the sake of flipping the White House?

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Walz has seemed like a slam dunk to me since a week or two ago, when he was making the rounds. He just came across as a dynamic presence. In the weeks since, nothing has come out suggesting that he has a ton of baggage. I recognize the reasoning for picking Shapiro, but that strikes me as getting too cute with things. Just pick the best guy, someone that'll be dynamite campaigning, and you'll be fine in PA and other states too.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm in a 55+ community in a red area of Florida. Got nothin'.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

the maga crowd is bringing out a dui from 25 years ago. There will be George Floyd questions in how he handled the aftermath

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

He did get a DUI in Nebraska in the 1990s and apparently claimed he was driving erratically because he was deaf. The charges were apparently dropped and he hasn't touched anything stronger than Diet Mountain Dew since.

This might actually help the campaign win in Wisconsin.

sgreenwell and I Should Coco like this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Sorry, I really shouldn't just hit Quote right off the bat.

I wouldn't be surprised if this video resurfaces for two reasons: 1. Trying to make "Turkey isn't meat" a "potatoe" moment (it's not ignorant, it's pandering to turkey producers, which are all over his southern Minnesota house district), and the daughter, Hope, who is apparently very lefty. During the aftermath of the Floyd riots, MAGAs were claiming she was passing info on police response to antifa.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Likely he's there more to campaign for the guy running against Tester. EDIT: I see Micro beat me to it.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2024
  9. Twirling Time

The only thing I see that could be Walz oppo is how the state handled the George Floyd riots in 2020. That would be pretty rich coming from a bunch of fat honkies.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Lacks stamina.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's got to recover from the harrowing "assassination attempt."

12. Twirling Time

I hope Harris doesn't reach for the fentanyl hit of Shapiro just for the 19 PA electoral votes. Walz has far, far broader appeal. Every time I hear Shapiro speak he tries to emulate Obama and that dog's done hunting.

Draft saved Draft deleted