1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

There is more to it, but the lawsuit will fail. It's more of his butt-hurt idiocy.

The platform is hateful and toxic. Advertisers have every reason to avoid being associated with it.

And that is all Musk's doing. He told advertisers to go fuck themselves. Now he's upset they told him the same.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the market should be truly free who is deemed best wins no not like that

2muchcoffeeman and sgreenwell like this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Excellent interview with Walz. Podcast with transcript included ...

Is Tim Walz the Midwestern Dad Democrats Need?

This is where I take offense to JD Vance and “Hillbilly Elegy.” Those are my people. I come from a town of 400 — 24 kids in a class, 12 cousins, farming, those types of things. And I know they’re not weird. I know they’re not Donald Trump.

The thing is, we have to get them away from what he’s trying to sell because that’s not who they are. Just picture in your mind Donald Trump coming home after a day of work and picking up a Frisbee and throwing it. And his dog catches it, and the dog runs over, and he gives him a good belly rub because he’s a good boy. That’s what I do. And that’s what those rallygoers do. That is exactly who they are, and they’re going through the same things all of our families are.

He’s captured some of this. And fear is scary. I mean, the world is changing. We’re seeing, you know, conflict in the Middle East. We saw a global pandemic, which he did nothing to fix but seized upon.

And I think it’s kind of breaking that spell again of saying, “Look, he’s not offering you anything.” And then we dang sure better be ready to offer something.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm still concerned about Pennsylvania. Walz has so many good points - he's personable and unabashedly progressive and will be able to articulate Democratic policy effectively. I just hope he can maintain his authenticity. What I was hoping to avoid was another Tim Kaine, a really good dude who brought absolutely nothing to Clinton's ticket. That's how I would have viewed Beshear or Cooper, and I think Walz is definitively a better choice, but I still question whether he was the right move over Shapiro or (especially) Kelly.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I think Harris’ internals show that either she x vs an A) carry Penny on her own, or B) Shapiro was too much of a drag and the campaign didn’t want to spend the next two weeks doing damage control.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Couldn’t risk Kelly’s seat.

10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

lol her second necklace no puppet no puppet

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Assistant. The school I covered in 1999 got their asses kicked by Mankato West in the playoffs that year. It felt like an upset at the time as West had four losses in the regular season and was coming off a decade of being absolutely atrocious. But they'd played a tough regular season schedule and then marched to the state title that year. And from that season on they've become one of the best programs in the state.

Scout and franticscribe like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted