1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

first they came for the weirdos and I did not speak out because I was not a weirdo

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

GSD, yo.

3. Songbird

Shapiro really does sound like Obama.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My wife knew she couldn’t have kids because of a medical thing since she was very young. She’s had to put up with with everyone making a woman’s worth begin and end with children. I’ve really come to appreciate what she’s gone through.

We finally adopted a kid after 5 years and thousands of dollars. He’s been a blessing but it was exhausting to go through. Now everyone wants to know if we’re going to have another.

So I want to throat punch anyone who judges women who don’t have kids for whatever reason.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jake Tapper is Harrumphing because the crowd in Philly "booed" when Walz mentioned Bruce Springsteen. :eek::oops:

Who will be playing concert dates in Pittsburgh and Philly the next two weeks, then the Eastern U.S. most of September and October.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2024
  6. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Had to repost what I heard today:

Walz was not a DEI hire but rather an REI hire.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When Trump called her a nasty woman, I blamed the cools.

When Trump mocked a disabled reporter, I wondered what the Dems did.

When Trump questioned Obama’s birth, I wondered about liberals being liberal.

When Trump said Harris wasn’t Black until she wanted to be, I thought the libs were making a mistake.

But when they called JD couchfucker weird, it hurt my feelings and I needed a safe space and you to respect my life choice.

8. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

This post is so thick with condescension that it would make 1970s era shag carpet feel inadequate.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Songbird

8 minutes into this Shapiro speech, first time really watching him like this, and he brings real heat.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

It's uncanny.

11. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Shapiro's ambitions may have cost him.

In the end, the bigger hurdle for Shapiro was his face-to-face meeting with Harris, where he posed “very specific” questions about the role of a vice president, including what decisions he would be included in making, should they win election.

“He was negotiating the job with her, while Walz was saying ‘What can I do to help?’” said the Democratic adviser, who added that Shapiro was unquestionably a rising star in the party but just didn’t meet the moment and forge a comfortable connection with Harris.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/06/politics/tim-walz-inside-harris-vp-pick/index.html

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted