1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

@UPChip

on my phone screwing up trying to reply to your quote of my post.

Bob Kroll appeared on stage with Trump and sold Trump merch while the MPD union head. What does that say about the force? Look at their actions, like loading up a van and going out to shoot people.

Frey deserves his share of the blame, but not all for everything that went down.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Best thing for them, really. Their therapy is going nowhere.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Oh, absolutely, they're assholes (I was drawing a blank on Bob Kroll's name, so thanks). But one of the things that the West Wing, and the early years of the Obama administration, fooled liberals like Frey about was that they could somehow defeat an intransigent opponent with the moral imperative and the righteous force of their argument.

What I wish they would have done (and I'm not saying this could be done), is either make an end run around the police union or impose something on them. Instead he ran face-first into a brick wall.

I think a lot of people, particularly from those marginalized communities, almost have more respect for the candidate who tels them to fuck off to their face than the candidate like Frey, who makes promises and then goes home with his proverbial Richard in hand.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

If only they believed in therapy! They believe in all the really crappy things, but nothing that will make their life healthier or more joyous.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Vance actually appeared at the old bingo hall in front of … 200 people. Maybe he should have brought in a couch and had Kimona Wana Laya dance atop the ECW Arena.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Take your George Thorogood like because it's bad to the bone.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

franticscribe, swingline and Slacker like this.
  9. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

I like the cut of Tim Walz's jib.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Kamala reads SJ.

"In 91 days,” Harris said, “the nation will know Coach Walz by another name: vice president of the United States."

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

TLDR for those not inclined to a long read or slogging through AL.com’s pop ups begging you to unblock ads:

Guy was a superintendent for a small town system that has seen a snowballing influx of Hispanic migrants. He moved heaven and earth to get resources in place for them, not least of which was enough translators to help them figure out what the hell was even going on with the students and teachers.

Funny enough, all of this attention and targeted spending helped lift up the test scores of the whole school system, Hispanic kids included. But the mayor and some of his cronies decided that things were working a little too well and that’s why they were getting so many more migrants. (As opposed to, you know, the giant ass poultry plant in town.)

So the mayor steadily worked on filling the school board with folks who felt the same way until he had enough to force the guy out. Now they are dismantling many of the programs that were in place and helping.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted