1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A quote snippet in there led me down a rabbit hole to make sure it was true before posting. And sure enough, Wikipedia has receipts. From them:

Of note, the quote comes from a story dated July 17, four days before Biden dropped out and thus before the “weird” meme took off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_JD_Vance

Sounds super normal to me.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Harris has't given the NYT an interview. Looks like they're out of a job.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Walz, per financial disclosures, doesn't own any stocks, bonds or mutual funds. Neither does his wife. And they sold their house - below market value - when they moved into the Governor's mansion. Everything is in state teacher pensions and his National Guard retirement pay.

4. dixiehack

A taker living off government benefits! Thats just what the super normal JD Vance was talking about!

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The same crowd that wears adult diapers and puts big napkins on their ears?

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hey, if it's all ya got that fits ... although a tan suit now and then would be nice.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. dixiehack

Jennifer Garner and Queer Eye’s Bobby Berk join Rural Voters for Harris call

I felt a little bad that the Rural Americans call got overshadowed last night (and that I didn’t get to be on it) but I’m encouraged that these folks took the time. And I realize the stereotype is “herp derp celebrities LOL” but I think it is a good reminder that the heartland isn’t all straight white dudes who want to go Great Santini on the world. It can feel really isolating to be a progressive out beyond the concrete jungle and stuff like this really helps.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

When she does work, Garner has been a meat and potatoes kind of Netflix star for a couple years now, like a female version of Adam Sandler in a different genre. She's exactly the type of celebrity you'd want on a call like that.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. dixiehack

Wonder if she encouraged people to donate using their Capital One Venture Rewards card?

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The social media trend of things Tim Walz would definitely say is fun. Stuff like, “He’s definitely the guy who sees friends in a restaurant and stops by their table to say ‘they’ll let anyone in here I guess,’” with a big laugh.

And the guy who’ll help you for a half hour at Home Depot before you realize he doesn’t work there. And so on.

It goes to a larger point. I think people are just tired of angry, hateful rhetoric. And that’s the only play trump has ever had. He wins by dividing. He has to have enemies.

Between the ugly 2106 and 2020 campaigns and COVID, it’s been a rough, angry decade in politics.

I think the majority of the electorate wants to move on from that. They want some hope and and positive vision. And trump is incapable of that.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

At Christmas! You won’t believe the high jinks they get into!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2024
    dixiehack likes this.
  12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Sounds like something Paul Ryan would say.

Draft saved Draft deleted