1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I've paid down 70% of my credit card balances in the last year and use one card for the rewards that I pay in full every month. I've slowed down to let the rest of my finances catch up, but I will be credit card free hopefully within a year.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I almost wish they had never put the chip in credit cards. Takes about 2-3 months before my chip becomes unreadable, and I have to have it fail three times before it tells me to swipe the card.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I like the tap. I am a convenience user, and I'm sure Capital One hates me. I put everything great and small on it, and pay it off on payday. I don't live beyond my means, so that's never a problem.
    I rack up the reward cash and use it whenever I get $50 or so in there. I really racked up during COVID because I did all my folks' shopping. They gave me cash to go get groceries, and I used my card to get the rewards. Great money laundering!

2muchcoffeeman and MileHigh like this.
  4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

One of our IT guys changed my life when he and I talked about the chipped cards we use for building entry.

So even though the card looks like there's just the chip in it, there's actually a wire antenna that loops around the entire card. And the trick to getting it to read good - instead of just tapping with your card where you can see the chip - is to lay your entire card on the reader flat, so that entire antenna is exposed to the reader.

Since I learned that, my experience with, "damn it chip didn't read" has improved 1000 percent.

TigerVols and Driftwood like this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This guy pretty much had what happened on Monday right.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2024
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

経済は雰囲気だ

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

キャリートレードは現実的である

Azrael likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

彼らはまだクソだ

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

도대체 여기서 무슨 일이 일어나고 있는 거야?

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

^^^

Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so.

swingline and Driftwood like this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m having flashbacks to working at Honda when the executives talked in Japanese to each other at one of those big town hall meetings. There’s an 80 percent chance they were calling us fat and lazy to our faces.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

誰がこれらのロッカーパネルにボールベアリングを入れ続けるのでしょうか?

Draft saved Draft deleted