1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a former enlisted man on a ticket before?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Pvt. William McKinley, 23rd Ohio Volunteers.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Its astounding to me how quickly the HarrisWalz campaign has gotten up to speed. This has to be the same people handling the Biden campaign, and yet the campaigns are so different - and it isn't just switching out Biden for Harris. Obviously the enthusiasm is new, but so are the talking points, the venues etc. Just a whole lot busier.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't have much use for insurance companies, but between the earthquakes, fires, mudslides, and the like, I'm not sure I blame them. The other choice is to keep raising rates to obscene levels to cover increasingly high damages. You'd think a company would go that route, even if it gets them even more hated. I think reasonable rates in Cali won't be seen again anytime soon. Florida too.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2024
  5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Revealed his couch burns.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

There would be no homeowners insurance on Cape Cod if it wasn't for a state-subsidized risk pool program. And our risks, while quite real, are in probability terms much less than in those two states.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If you think you have undecided voters out there (and I question how many of those exist), you're certainly going to display Harris as someone who has the energy Joe doesn't.

Vive la difference.

8. Michael_ Gee

Also, she doesn't have to be President. He can be talking to all the asshole leaders in the Middle East while she barnstorms the country.

garrow, dixiehack and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's not wearing any bandage for the supposed "assassination attempt" any more. No visible stitches, scabs or scars. Almost like he was never injured at all. In fact, EXACTLY like he was never injured at all.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's about the people that were going to stay home because they thought Biden was too old or they were in the hate both candidates, what's the point camp.

In a tight race before, this probably ends up being the difference

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

JV is weird. But it seems to be the GQP talking point du jour.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It has a laBradford Smith/Michael Jordan vibe to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted