1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Gotta love how about a month ago the Wyatts murdered half the production crew and debuted as a mysterious, evil threat. Now, when they finally wrestle, we know all about them and they're huge babyfaces.
    I get how and why it happened, but that is a weird how it started/how it's going pivot in a very short time.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Never change, R-Truth.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Must be awkward going through Gorilla to the ring.

JRoyal, JimmyHoward33 and Batman like this.
  4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Great off-air clip with Rowan and Howdy from after Raw.

JRoyal likes this.
  5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I love that they’re using Shatter as their theme … and beautiful that they waited until now to use the full song. All the feels during that intro.

6. nietsroob17

Wow. NXT is leaving the PC to run full arena shows for its first two weeks on CW, with appearances by Punk and Orton in Chicago and St. Louis.

7. nietsroob17

Watching someone pull off the Eddie Guerrero fakeout against the ref never gets tired. Good stuff by Joe Hendry.

Baron Scicluna and Batman like this.
  8. nietsroob17

Holy shit. A Wes Lee heel turn? That's like the Steamboat of NXT. Never would expect him to turn.

I came in thinking MSK would've been givens to win the tag belts with the hot reunion and the other team seemingly fractured, so this is a big twist.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

This might be the best one yet of these bits.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fuckabuncha Don Callas.

11. nietsroob17

Holy smokes, I know he's had to overcome a lot of health issues and he's a highly respected figure, but Jim Ross sounded and looked absolutely awful in that interview with Swerve. Just depressing as hell.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Yeah he looks rough. AEW couldnt have found him a shirt that fits? He looks like he’s lost a ton of weight

Draft saved Draft deleted