1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Cold front blew through here this morning. We're going to barely make it into the low 70s today in a tease of October around these parts.

Liut likes this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Poseidon is not happy today.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Don't forget - the fish don't know it's raining! Time to reach deep into that tackle box for the 8-ounce sputniks.

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's actually raining today! We might not get out of the 80s!

Of course, it'll be humid as hell and back to near 100 this weekend.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Last night, we had a straight line wind storm blow through at 11 pm. It hit 60 mph here. Lots of branches down at my house. No real damage. But out at the farm, the weather folks say it hit 88. Luckily, no damage for us. But neighbors lost shingles, a metal carport is about 50 yards from where it originally stood and a couple chicken houses don’t have roofs.

But what really pissed me off was none of the local TV stations were live on air covering the storm as it approached and hit town. Their explanation was they were streaming on their station apps and on Facebook. That seems like BS to me. Not everybody goes to FB to get streaming storm coverage. The late night shows were in reruns. Why wouldn’t they put that on the actual TV station?

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I left school at 4pm and it was high 90s. Ran errands and picked up Spartan, Jr. Got home quarter to 6. It was 73.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

After the most rain we've gotten in a day since April, it's warmed back up and we could crack 90 by Thursday. No Indian Summer yet (no first frost yet), but the leaves were popping in the mountains last weekend and will really be off the charts this weekend. I have a game Thursday night in the mountains and we'll be in short sleeves.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Not this thread again.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Got awakened just before 3 a.m. by a very loud thunderstorm and now I'll never get back to bed.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Most of the Southeast got peppered with random storms the last 24 hours, I think. I know we did. It has nothing to do with the hurricane. It's just the pregame.

Draft saved Draft deleted