1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Until he's tackled in his driveway like Parscale.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Convicted felons can vote in Florida?

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because the Right is not the underdog here, and frankly never is. The Right represents white, wealthy, heterosexual, Christian elite. All of whom historically have been the power elite in the U.S.

Looking at both campaigns, Harris brings positivity. Trump brings negativity. What, exactly, does Trump offer that is positive for the average American? Tax cuts? Great for the rich, sucks for everyone else. Christian fascism? Great if you want that sort of thing. Most of the rest of us just want to live our lives. Culture war BS? What is so positive about banning books?

The Right offers nothing but fear, grievance and hatred. Because they’re mad that everyone else demand and deserved an equal seat at the table.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I can’t wait for that press conference on his abortion vote. Maybe he will also unveil his plan to repeal and replace Obamacare at the same time.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Infrastructure. Weak.

qtlaw, Woody Long, sgreenwell and 4 others like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No, he won't leave voluntarily, and woe be to anyone in the GQP who even suggests it. But as bad as CFTFG is, would that move JV to the top of the ticket?

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

x.com
    I am so confused. I thought the only punching came from The Left.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That's what happens with Fox News (and trump). You MUST keep ramping up the anger and fear. It MUST escalate or you lose viewers/voters. Everything has to be continued escalation. Which is, of course, is unsustainable.

I think a lot of folks are starting to look around and say, "You know what, things aren't perfect, but it ain't THAT bad. And things are pretty OK considering we just had national and global COVID crisis and lingering (but falling) inflation. What are these fucking lunatics talking about?"

Kinda goes along with the complete demonization by them of Tim Walz. He flubbed a line about carrying a weapon in war seems to be the biggest thing to criticize. Fine. But he served honorably for 24 years, was a teacher and coach and public servant who seems like a genuinely good dude who wants to do positive things. How awful!

I mean, FUCK. C'mon with him "unleashing hell on earth." It's fucking absurd.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My guess would be yes. At some point, the ballots have to be set. I know that if a president elect would die between November and January, the VP moves up. Let's say Cheeto Jesus keels over in October, I'd say JV would be their only option. I don't know that for certain, but my guess is that's what would happen.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

When Missouri Gov. Mel Carnahan died in a plane crash on the campaign trail for U.S. Senate in October 2000, his wife Jean took his seat after he was elected posthumously. Slightly different situation, but I’m not sure it would be automatic that JV would be moved to the varsity.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What, and I can’t stress this enough, the fuck?

jr/shotglass and tapintoamerica like this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Well, at least the Slovenian Slut isn't eligible.

X-Hack and FileNotFound like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted