1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

matt_garth likes this.
  2. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Your first paragraph (about them having to continue escalating) is so true. It’s just like every Ponzi scheme in history. At some point it collapses under its own weight.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

LOL. Check out Mr. Stand My Ground MAGA Patriot in the chair, har har har ...

Just another Fat-Ass White Guy wearing his Fat-Ass White Guy Crocs, though. :rolleyes:

upload_2024-8-8_22-34-12.png

Also, is that his wife next to him, or is Radar O'Reilly going blond these days?

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I hold in my hand a mail-in ballot with Joe Biden's name on it. I'm planning on just going in to vote now that it's a holiday here.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Wow. I had no idea. I’m also baffled that Biden’s name could be on a valid ballot when he was never nominated.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

qtlaw likes this.
  7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You are technically voting for electors. They would be free to choose whomever but safe to say Republicans would have the word out on who they would want to get the nod.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The parties typically vet their electors in advance but needless to say, one or two will go rogue in a given cycle. Bush vs. Gore was a margin of 271-266, the closest in modern history but not close enough for one or two faithless electors to flip. (Apparently one Gore elector did flip to account for being short of 538.)

franticscribe likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Little-known fact: “Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing” was about Trump.

garrow likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If you think about it, the Democrats had to have a virtual nomination because Ohio said their actual convention was too late to get someone on the ballot. Of course it would be totally different if it was a Republican.

And the bought and paid for SCOTUS would totally make states change just like they made states put a convicted felon on there even though state law said he wasn’t eligible to run in that state.

Tarheel316 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted