1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five-ring circus: The Thread of the XXXIII Olympiad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 12, 2024.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I have two TV monitors that are about 6 feet apart and separated by a large window; one is in my living room, one is in my outdoors California room. Every now and again they are on the same channel with their volume up and one is always out of sync with the other, and sometimes the audio is out of sync with the video. What's weird is they alternate between which one is "fast" and which one is the laggard.

Typist Clerk and Liut like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Competitive cheer?

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The amount of moving picks in both the men’s and women’s hoops is ridiculous

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Field. One of my favorite sports jokes.

I was always told you start on the smoke instead of the sound because the speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.

maumann and MileHigh like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Swimming was easy, though. All the schools that had teams also had electronic timing for dual meets. The coach would email pdfs of the results to me and I could knock it out in about 15 minutes.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I've noticed something similar watching the Giants on streaming. I'll hear the sound of the ball hitting the catchers mitt a second or two before it gets there.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

When I listen to games on the MLB app, they are often 30 seconds to a minute behind. I will get a notification that a player hit a home run as I'm hearing him step to the plate.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

As we say in this part of the world, fuck all y'all.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That is correct. The last part, I mean.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You are apparently too young for this conversation.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Great women's relay. Sha'carri Richardson with the lookover and then -- bye-bye.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2024
    Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted