1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

They used Fiats in that movie.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

What if you want it to learn to do other stuff good too?

Justin_Rice likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not sure why it is, but the readers I use where you can just tap or lay the card simply process the payment without giving a cash back option.

The only time I ever use a debit card is if I want cash back. So then I have to insert the card, and hope it can read it.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

14 years ago we lived in London for the summer.

We were absolutely, roundly and repeatedly roasted by local hoteliers, publicans, chemists, restaurateurs, vendors and cashiers of every kind because our crappy American credit cards had no chips. Only strips.

Europe had been tapping for years by the time we got there, and trying to swipe was like calling down to the front desk for another hod of soft coal for the Rumford stove.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This was a problem in France for the longest time. Even worse, though, and this is still the case, they do the "chip and pin" method that is probably more secure than "chip and sign," and I am constantly running into a problem because I don't have a pin on any of my credit cards. At the supermarket check out line, while the cashier has to figure out what to do and then I have to sign the receipt (where there is no place for a signature), I may as well be the old person on line here paying by check.

maumann and Azrael like this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This one is a 100 percent chance.

Azrael likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. goalmouth

Take a gander at McDonalds prices and you'll know instantly what the problem is.

Oh, and it's shit food.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. goalmouth

Last edited: Aug 11, 2024
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Two words:

Lowest bidder.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I do government work and we have to get three bids for everything over a certain dollar amount.

Draft saved Draft deleted