1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No, you CAN'T root in the damn press box

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jr/shotglass, Sep 4, 2023.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

As much as I know it would never happen, my first thought was that everyone else should have walked out. Prime would be flabbergasted.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

She's still a clown -- in a crowd of many -- around here.

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

File this under "broken clock is right twice a day" or whatever.

x.com

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Next up: Endorsing RFK Jr?

5. MileHigh

Yup. He got something right for once.

6. MileHigh

Romi all excited for ... a preseason game!

And of course the obligatory look at me tweet.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No back leg kick, the staple of women showing off their outfits online. FAIL.

[​IMG]

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Whitlock is still using references from The Wire for mass consumption? Time to freshen up the pop culture references.

(The fact we still use stuff from the 70s through the 90s on SJ is different because we are writing for each other and are awesome like that.)

9. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

A buddy made a very good point in our group chat. The sports director at CBS Denver, who I believe is Romi, should be livid that Deion snubbed them like that considering that they have a partnership with CU. Most sports directors in that situation would absolutely stick up for their reporter in that spot. Hopefully she's done that behind the scenes.

10. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Or in front of the scenes. If she can Tweet relentlessly with her fucking Fit Check or whatever, how about standing up publicly for your organization and your reporters?

OscarMadison, MileHigh and Roscablo like this.
  11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I thought she was the sports director too, but her bios just say lead sports anchor (might be the same thing?). Maybe it is part of why she hasn't been drooling over CU on social media like she did last year? Her twitter has exactly one CU post this month, and it was a retweet, and nothing from media day.

It would be interesting to see how the local affiliate handles/handled that treatment.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

And if you don't want to get too much of a look into her fashion, don't look at her Instagram page!

MileHigh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted