1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You know how football announcers will say “They need a score here to get this crowd back into it,” when the home team falls behind by a couple of touchdowns early? Switching to Harris put a score up on the board and now the anti-Trump coalition is back into it and making noise.

3. HanSenSE

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Again, I'll point out Elon has access to all of our DMs.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nothing much in my DM's worth looking at. Screw Elmo.

The IRS ought to look at the billion dollar in kind gift of advertising to Trump.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hope that's the line-up for Night One. Dems are ready to turn the page. Give Biden the ovation he's earned. Spend night two (Keynote Night) highlighting people under 60, Walz on Weds, Harris on Thurs. Tell the celebrities to stay home, Make an exception for an Olympian or two. Bring back the state roll call videos from 2020,

And PS - Trump desperately needs new material. Maybe Jeff Foxworthy can write him some "You Might be a Democrat" jokes.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Hulk Hogan not available?

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We need Josh Shapiro, Big Gretch, Swifties for Harris, Mark Kelly, Roy Cooper and Michelle Obama. If you're bringing a celebrity, it damn sure better be someone who appeals to young people, black people or both. What I don't need is a reboot of Cocoon with all of these wheezing windbags who have held the party hostage for the last 30 years. No one under 40 remembers the Clinton presidencies and the main thing they know about Hillary is she lost. Enough. Go away.

11. HanSenSE

Jesse Ventura is backing his fellow Minnesota governor, so that's a possibility.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

What I wouldn't give for a good, unquestionable victory. And I know it won't be that one-sided.

I guess more than anything, I'm just tired like a lot of others at the white-hot anger. On BOTH sides. I mean, it's not like any of us, or any of them, are changing votes now.

Draft saved Draft deleted