1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I am so ordering one of these.

[​IMG]

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

BUT HIS EMAILS!

matt_garth likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I believe they're also pushing for a requirement that online subscriptions must offer a one-button unsubscribe option.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This is going to be fascinating to watch play out.
    As luck would have it I’m involved in a customer contact center business and while I appreciate the government doing its best to provide me with a flood of customers, it’s really just not that feasible to require companies to have human attendants and have an answer time of 3 rings. The costs would be enormous.
    I suspect what this could open up is the fast adoption of AI answer tech — I’m pitched these services all the time and lately the vendors are showcasing bots that have various accents and are connected to the Internet so they can have intelligent conversations with people about their local weather or whether the home team won.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So they can put you on hold for five hours?

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ross Douthat stops by to tell us why this is bad for a candidate no longer in the race

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. zufer

zufer Active Member

The AI chatbots were about 20 years too late to field the random calls to the sports desk on deadline to settle a bet between guys sitting at a bar.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The polls are looking good, but most of the polls are national with just a few looking at states (at least over the last week or so). I want to see more state specific beyond Pa/Mi/Wi. I think 270 to win is still leaning Trump in some key states.

I want to see what kind of convention bump she gets and how we’ll she holds it in September.

maumann and wicked like this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hope it crashes the system. Twitter too.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The next morning, we faced the route’s hardest obstacles, a series of rock faces. Ropes had been strung across some of them, but it was impossible to know which were secure enough to hold on to. “Oh my God, I can’t watch,” María Fernanda said when her 7-year-old daughter crossed the rock. She covered her eyes and shouted, “Hold on tight, my princess!”

When it was an 8-year-old girl named Katherine’s turn, she slipped and fell into the rocky river about 15 feet below. Her mother, who had been right behind her, stood frozen while one of the porters jumped into the water after her. Katherine emerged crying but uninjured. We started hiking again almost immediately—no one wanted to contemplate the near miss any longer than they had to.

You walk though hell, many times over, with little else carrying you other than faith, hope and courage, to finally get to the Promised Land, where you finally can discover the joys of "freedom, acceptance and opportunity." :cool: Then, when you get to the Promised Land, you find that 40% of the people in the Promised Land hate your guts because you're some kind of dirty foreign dog turd, and they'd just as soon see you die of starvation upon arrival than hand you a sandwich and some water.

And you're just a kid. An innocent, hopeful kid who just walked
    through hell with your parents in hopes of a safe, peaceful new life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fuckin' hate these stupid fuckin' MAGAt turds, now more than ever.
    Let's see them even attempt just two hours – TWO – of what these hopeful people endure.

We all know better than this. And we have plenty of room for immigrants seeking freedom.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This needs to be nationwide too

SB 478 - Hidden Fees | State of California - Department of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

Beginning July 1, 2024, the “Honest Pricing Law” or “Hidden Fees Statute,” ... makes it illegal for most businesses to advertise or list a price for a good or service that does not include all required fees or charges other than certain government taxes and shipping costs. SB 478 is a price transparency bill. The statute does not change what price a business can charge or what may be included in that price. The law simply requires that the price listed include all mandatory charges.

Put simply, the price a Californian sees should be the price they pay.

---

So if you got to the Ticketmaster site, you will see entire price, including fees, upfront. You don't have to click through the order and wait until the end to see what the fees are.

cyclingwriter2 and sgreenwell like this.
  12. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Did this today (GASLIGHT ANTHEM IN CENTRAL PARK!!!) and I was really appreciative for the all-in pricing, even for a band that isn't expensive. But, same as my flight and hotel. That was nice. Made life a lot fucking easier today.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted